Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Daffynitions

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
target = an offspring of a black sticky liquid.

And if you think that's not a good one I want to see you come up with word puns in your second language. :grumpy

How about you write a better one? :grumpy

So you've read it?! Ah, do you identify with Holden, do you? Like him? In fairness, I will say that I sympathize with him on the death of his little brother. What was his name? Allie or something like that? Nevertheless Holden was a destructive sort and couldn't get a handle on it. He got worse as it progressed! It was a wonder he ever got into college. He should have listened to the Psych that he met in that bar, and sought help. lol.

Holden: :screwloose

:lol

target = an offspring of a black sticky liquid.

And if you think that's not a good one I want to see you come up with word puns in your second language. :grumpy
lol. its a French word the t isn't pronounced.

magic stick: the turn signal knob in cars and trucks, slang for the crude way saying please signal before you turn ya jerk!

I haven't read catcher in the rye in a while. that is banned here in florida now. it Is was rather boring.
That book should be banned, lol. It glorifies being a loser. Even James Dean was cooler than Holden.

Loser: Someone Dial-A-Prayer would hang up on...

:sohappy(point-match):lol

So you've read it?! Ah, do you identify with Holden, do you? Like him? In fairness, I will say that I sympathize with him on the death of his little brother. What was his name? Allie or something like that? Nevertheless Holden was a destructive sort and couldn't get a handle on it. He got worse as it progressed! It was a wonder he ever got into college. He should have listened to the Psych that he met in that bar, and sought help. lol.

Holden: :screwloose

:lol

Yeah I did actually read it, and at the right age. But I didn't identify with Holden. At first I thought he's a spoiled brat with an inability to communicate with anyone, and crooked expectations about how poeple should behave. But then I realised he is a product of his world and on the background of being from a wealthy but emotionally unsupporting family he is merely acting his age and trying to find some human contact. He ain't a bad person, after all he does act responsibly and caringly when he's dealing with his sister. He's just quite immature, but the ending of the novel gives some reason to hope.

It's a good novel even if you don't identify with the main character.

Beelzebug: Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.

I will use that one some unsuspecting soldier fresh out of basic.

We used to send our apprentices to the hardware shop down the road to buy a box of welding sparks. The guy that owned the shop was great and used to ask them "you want blue or yellow/" then they'd walk back and ask us and we'd tell em we needed orange...and yes...when I was an apprentice I fell for it too

We used to send our apprentices to the hardware shop down the road to buy a box of welding sparks. The guy that owned the shop was great and used to ask them "you want blue or yellow/" then they'd walk back and ask us and we'd tell em we needed orange...and yes...when I was an apprentice I fell for it too
that's just wrong. we call those rods, stick welding I assume

no we call them rods too Jason, but in eagerness to please apps don't realise /forget the spark comes from the arc between the rod / work piece..tell them to buy sparks so we can get the job done...like I said, I fell for it and I come from a family of blacksmiths and linesmen haha

no we call them rods too Jason, but in eagerness to please apps don't realise /forget the spark comes from the arc between the rod / work piece..tell them to buy sparks so we can get the job done...like I said, I fell for it and I come from a family of blacksmiths and linesmen haha
lol. red arcs and green arcs. yes they are colored when they create the flux, but wow. I have merely taken a class in welding( I will misspelling that weidling on purpose).

Back