Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Devout Jewish Parrots

A

Arphaxad

There was a Jewish lady who had wanted to own a parrot since she was a little girl.

So she scoured the want ads carefully every day to try to find a bargain on a parrot. And one day she saw an ad offering two parrots for sale VERY reasonably to a good home.

Immediately she called the phone number in the ad and made an appointment to see the birds.

As it turned out both female parrots were owned by an aged sailor who was very concerned that in the event of his demise both birds would have a good home for the rest of their lives.

When the dear Jewish lady saw the birds she was delighted and promised that both birds would never be separated and would always have a most excellent home. She also asked if both birds talked. "Oh, absolutely!" said the old sea salt. "They'll talk up a storm for you."

So the old sailor agreed to give her a real bargain on his birds and she took them home rejoicing at her good fortune.

True to her word, she provided the birds a large brand new cage complete with bird bath, excellent food and all that any parrot could ever need or want.

About a week went by and neither bird had said a word. So she called the old sailor who sold them to her inquiring about their silence. "Oh, no problem" said the "old salt," "they just have to get used to their new environment."

Another week went by and neither bird had uttered a sound. Then one day the local rabbi came by for a visit. And no sooner had he stepped inside the house than both birds squawked loudly in perfect unison: "Hi, we're hookers, wanna have some fun?"

Well, the poor woman was totally mortified, apologizing profusely to the rabbi for the rude outburst by her parrots. "Not to worry" said the rabbi. "I understand perfectly, seeing they were owned by an old sailor, it's no surprise that they learned some pretty crude language."

"But I have a solution. I also have two parrots, both males, and VERY devout. I trained both of them to pray since they were just little chicks. I even bought them both little yarmulkes and prayer books and they sit on their perches all day long just praying from morning till night. So if you will bring both your birds to my house, we'll put them in the same cage with my birds and there will be a devout influence from my birds to yours and your problem will be solved."

The woman thought that sounded like a wonderful idea. So the next day she brought both her parrots over to the rabbi's house and placed them in the cage with the rabbi's parrots. Immediately both female parrots squawked loudly in perfect unison: "Hi, we're hookers, wanna have some fun?"

At this, one of the male parrots looked over to the other one and said: "Moishe, put away your prayer book, our prayers are finally answered!!"

Back