Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Did anyone feel the earthquake a few days ago??

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

D4Christ

I used to live in Philadelphia but I am now in Toronto, Canada. I felt my chair vibrating and had to look at my body to see if I was having a seizure or somthing. It was slight but obvious enough for me to get out of my chair and examine it closely to see what was wrong with it. I had no idea until later that day that an earthquake happend in Virginia. And it wasnt until I googled the story that I found an article by the Canadian press that people in Toronto office buildings were phoning the police to tell them their desks were vibrating.

Lot's of my friends back in Philadelphia felt it. From their reports the shaking was more obvious but they still didn't know what was going on as earthquakes are not prone to that area.

And that was just a 5.8....I shiver to think of that becoming more of an occurance on the East Coast.

Dee

I was in my office on the 3rd floor in Detroit. I felt it, and I'm not full of it. :lol Actually I thought I was just feeling a bit sick, and I would have continued to think it was a passing feeling if others on my floor hadn't come out of their offices asking what happened. Nothing physically rattled, but there were a few moments when it was subtly felt.

Not being near the quake, I'm glad I felt it for selfish reasons. Many people around here felt one a few years back, but I didn't. I felt like I missed out, because this almost never happens here in Michigan.

Mike your right, it was subtle...very subtle. I looked at my kids who were in the same room and they were oblivious to it. At first I thought it was paranormal..why is my chair moving and I'm not. But I quickly dismissed that as I know the enemy has enuf sense than to mess wtih me.

I can't believe that people felt these vibrations all the way in Ontario....and I was on the 6th floor in my apartment bldng. It is very sobering...cause if the earth decides to move it aint a darn thing we can do about it. Puts me in mind of the destruction to fall upon the land once God unleashes His wrath. Those people who did not accept Christ are in for hell, literaly and figuratively.

Dee

Intriguing!!! However, that is why science is interesting! We get such vibrations because particles keep colliding with one another - and transmitting energy from one particle to another until the whole thing is neutralised with distance.
Newton! Which law?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its Newton's firt law:

I. Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.

At least that is what I gathered from the quick internet search I did. :study

Dee

Intriguing!!! However, that is why science is interesting! We get such vibrations because particles keep colliding with one another - and transmitting energy from one particle to another until the whole thing is neutralised with distance.
Newton! Which law?
first law of thermodynamics. updated version any object that is in motion tends to stay in motion, and any object at rest tends to stay at rest.

and the third, entropy.

first law of thermodynamics. updated version any object that is in motion tends to stay in motion, and any object at rest tends to stay at rest.

and the third, entropy.

:thumbsup :) :thumbsup
superb! Noble prize winner!!!

And thanks to opposing forces - otherwise actions persist

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back