Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Disney movies okay?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Man this is way off subject...

Anyhoo...

No, If at all possible don't allow your children to watch Hannah Montana and any disney shows...they're all riddled with filth and bad morals :grumpy

Oats said:
Man this is way off subject...

Anyhoo...

No, If at all possible don't allow your children to watch Hannah Montana and any disney shows...they're all riddled with filth and bad morals :grumpy
delineate the time frame to which one we shouldnt watch.

for instance the older ones such as the gummi bears.ducktales, and rescue rangers and a host of others arent that bad.

jasoncran said:
for instance the older ones such as the gummi bears.ducktales, and rescue rangers and a host of others arent that bad.

Especially Gummi bears!!! Right, Dukey? :biggrin

Why is everybody picking on Disney? Has anyone ever stopped to think about the stories we grew up on?

Let’s try Jack and the beanstalk. Jack deliberately disobeyed his mother and swapped a cow for three beans. Then he stole from a giant, killed him and lived of the profit of the stuff he stole.
Hansel and Gretel who’s parents didn’t want them anymore? (How should that possibility make any child feel?) They murdered a witch in a very cruel way.
Rapunzel who’s prince had his eyes torn out by a thorn bush?

Take a look at Boomerang and Nickelodeon. Dexter’s archenemy that does science in the name of evil?

I honestly don’t think that the animators at Disney sit around a boardroom table discussing how they can incorporate evil and sin into their next project.

We chose not to allow our children to watch cartoons when they were born. The main reason was the behavior that the characters displayed toward one another and the personification of animals. We're from the farm. Animals do not behave that way nor will they ever, and we did not want our kids playing the roadrunner and the coyote. Then when Walt died and the new guy took the films into witchcraft we were glad we had made that choice. Our kids know about witchcraft because they watched witches get delivered of the demons that control them.

Can you name 3 disney cartoons where one parent is not evil, dead or missing?
The over all message of Disney is worldliness.

Now you kids will run into these movies EVERYWHERE, you can't keep the world out....but you can keep it out of your dvd player or computer.

I would avoid them...a lot of conflicting issues.....I mean, who ever grows up to be a princess and live happily ever after.

The moral of the story here is that kids should be allowed to use their imagination and create. Painting, drawing and buildings things are better for their development than cartoons. Of course they have to read books...thankfully there a larger range of books to choose from than cartoons. But worldly influence can't be avoided. Not in this society.

When I was a child, I didn't watch cartoons until I was about 9. I remember playing with my dolls, make believe and arts & crafts. It's sad that this generation of kids have memories of what someone in Hollywood thought up. Many parents place a child in front of the tv as soon as they can sit up.

I think disney is one part of a great big picture. It was disney who made "magic" an everyday acceptable word in households all over America. Disney's Bedknobs and Broomsticks taught that magic was good and showed Astaroth, an actual Phoenician goddess, responsible for saving the day against a Nazi invasion. That was back in the 60's, we are now facing a full onslaught of occultic influence in Television and Movies. Some you wouldn't even think... Star Wars spread New Age philosophy. Many in the New Age refer to 'god' as the force or universal force. That along with telekinesis/mind powers, and new age accended masters obi wan and yoda who guide Luke from the afterlife... I have not yet seen Avatar but the other day I was told that the god that the blue people worship was called Aiwass. Aiwass was the spirit that occultist Aleister Crowley was in contact with, who he credited the knowledge from one of his books to. Movies like Legion make God out to be evil while a fallen angel is the hero- obvious theosophical/new age truth twisting. Harry Potter and the girls from Charmed are our new superheroes. SciFi's Merlin makes magic out to be good, and those who oppress it evil and unfair. The TV show Castle has his daughter and mother playing with ouiga boards. Doctor Who saves the world from The Master when he unites mankind's will into one spirit under his leadership- New Age Global Conciousness. Oprah, Larry King, Bill Maher, Robert Schuller are all on tv teaching that all ways lead to God. These are just the ones off the top of my head! We are ALL under slow and steady indoctrination into occult mysteries by these media, not just children. Disney is one part of the picture.

Movies, television... they're not just stories, they are philosophies. They present somebody's world-view. Is it all bad? no. If it was we wouldn't watch... and isn't that the point?

Just want to remind posters that this thread was posted in Parenting & Marraige forum. The forum guidelines state that posters must be 18 years of age AND either married (or previously married) or a parent.

The thread was directed at parents anyway.

Thanks. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back