Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Distance relationship

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A

Andy

I recently moved back within about 2.5 hours from someone I went to college with, and She's really cool. I had noticed her before i moved away, but knew i was leaving to the other side of the country, so i didn't pursue anything.

She recently came to the city i live in to visit some friends, including me, and we went our for ice cream to catch up. I would kind of like to see where it could go. But the distance is a factor. What is a good way to go about this. She will probalby come here a few times a year. She doesn't know that i am interested in her as more than a friend...at least not from me telling her...she may have picked it up.

Any advice?

Test out the distance issues by just staying in touch as friends first and see how it goes. If its easy to keep in contact as mates (i.e. not always you doing the calling/emailing first) a relationship might stand more of a chance.

This is something that varies from person to person. Some couples can make it work and can live through the stresses that WILL occur. Others can't and that's a truth that you really should consider. If you have doubts about it working at the start, those general come to be realized issues in the relationship.

Like dancing queen said, see where you go as friends first. If it's too hard to be friends, than things become pretty obvious. Goatitis is right in that It'll take God's blessing for long distance, or any relationship to work out. Even married couples who don't recognize God as savior, are still receiving His blessings, however, that is a rabbit for another time.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back