Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do girls want guys to make the first move?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It depends on the girl, don`t you think? Personally, I`m married but when I was single I expected the guy to make the first move. I would have found it demeaning as a lady to make the first move, but that was just me. On the other hand, I know a woman who made the first move by flirting to let the man know she was interested, he took the bait, and she`s been married for 40 something years now. However, if you mean the "first move" by asking the man out, she never would have done that. That was a line she wouldn`t cross. Once he took the bait, she let him wine, dine, court, and propose to her.

I would never ask a guy out either. I must admit to a little creativity when I finally met my now husband. I wouldn't ask him out, but I did walk by his desk a lot and smile and converse with him as much as I could. Finally, some mutual friends convinced him to ask me out and we've been together ever since.

But, this is what I'm telling my daughter: If a guy likes you enough, he'll get up the courage to ask you out. If he doesn't, you'll have to wonder what else in life he'll lack the courage to do, and do you want to deal with that in a mate?

I know that there are some sucessful Christian couples that started out with the girl making the first move, but I believe that's the exception not the rule. Mostly, when girls make all the moves, the guy doesn't respect her as much, and eventully dumps her. Cynical, I know, but that's been my observation.

I cannot say if they want us to or not, but my friend it has taken good care of me. I made the first move with Caroline and Haven't looked back since.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back