Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do we follow Jesus?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Luke 6: 27-30 NIV "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.

LUKE 6
<sup class="versenum">42</sup>Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.
<sup class="versenum">43 </sup>For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
<sup class="versenum">44 </sup>For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
<sup class="versenum">45 </sup>A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
<sup class="versenum">46 </sup>And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
<sup class="versenum">47</sup>Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
<sup class="versenum">48 </sup>He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
<sup class="versenum">49</sup>But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

MATTHEW 7

<sup class="versenum">13 </sup>Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
<sup class="versenum">14</sup>Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
<sup class="versenum">15 </sup>Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
<sup class="versenum">16 </sup>Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
<sup class="versenum">17 </sup>Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
<sup class="versenum">18 </sup>A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
<sup class="versenum">19 </sup>Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
<sup class="versenum">20 </sup>Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
<sup class="versenum">21 </sup>Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
<sup class="versenum">22</sup>Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
<sup class="versenum">23 </sup>And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
<sup class="versenum">24 </sup>Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
MATTHEW 5

<sup class="versenum">13 </sup>Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
<sup class="versenum">14 </sup>Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
<sup class="versenum">15 </sup>Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
<sup class="versenum">16</sup>Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
<sup class="versenum">17 </sup>Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
<sup class="versenum">18 </sup>For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
<sup class="versenum">19 </sup>Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
<sup class="versenum">20 </sup>For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back