Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you want lots of money?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Blain

Do you want lots of money? In all honesty do you want to be rich? I myself dont really want to be rich, I have seen what money does to ppl and I fear I would become greedy or go on shopping sprees all the time. but then a part of me imagines all the ppl I could help with all that money.

This Scripture suggests the middle class is best.

...give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’ Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God. Proverbs 30:8b-9 NIV

Money is poison to those who don't know the value of a dollar.

Do I want lots of money? That's a hard question. As much as I'd like to say yes, I have to say no because I know the spiritual burdens that come with wealth.

I am a minimalist and a hippy at heart so I dont need much money or want it but I love to give good gifts and be a giver so in that way I wish I had so much more to help people with.Man there is no greater feeling to me.

Last edited:
In all honesty I just want enough to live decent and be able to give generously not too little not to much.

Do I want lots of money? Yes and no. If I had lots of money, I would give money to them who needs it more than I do but in other hand I don't want to be rich, too much dangers.

"with food and clothes be content" and
"love does not desire what it does not have" and
"no one can serve two masters" and (with a PROMISE) >

Hebrews 13:5
Amplified Bible (AMP)

5 Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]

and :)
Matthew 10:7-10
The Message (MSG)

5-8 Jesus sent his twelve harvest hands out with this charge:

“Don’t begin by traveling to some far-off place to convert unbelievers. And don’t try to be dramatic by tackling some public enemy. Go to the lost, confused people right here in the neighborhood. Tell them that the kingdom is here. Bring health to the sick. Raise the dead. Touch the untouchables. Kick out the demons. You have been treated generously, so live generously.

9-10 “Don’t think you have to put on a fund-raising campaign before you start. You don’t need a lot of equipment. You are the equipment, and all you need to keep that going is three meals a day. Travel light.

In all honesty I just want enough to live decent and be able to give generously not too little not to much.
Interesting comment. I would counter with a question. How much is that?

Then, after you have achieved your goal and lived with it for about a year, I'll come back and ask you the same question again and I'm willing to bet your answer will be a higher value.

Interesting comment. I would counter with a question. How much is that?

Then, after you have achieved your goal and lived with it for about a year, I'll come back and ask you the same question again and I'm willing to bet your answer will be a higher value.
I would like to be able to live like this yes, but even if I was poor it doesnt matter. The things I want cannot be bought with money the things I desire lie only in Gods heart.

The desires of the flesh are of no importance to me

if you're drafted into the military, you do what they tell you, when they tell you, how they tell you to do it. And they give you what they give you for pay/housing/benefits -everything needed for daily existence.
you don't have to think about anything - just do what the orders are each day, and 'they' take care of you.

Jesus offered His disciples similar instructions. "Take no thought each day for what you will eat, or what you will put on, or where you will stay... Your heavenly Father knows you have need of all these things." "The gentiles worry about all these things. You don't have to. But come, follow Me ... ... ... "
"... ... ... and I will make you fishers of men."

I would like a nice, safe, home. A car, and some extra money for clothes and entertainment.
In order to be rich I would not like being consumed with my career... Know what I mean?

Matthew 6:19-21 ESV /
“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Matthew 6:24 ESV /
“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

Proverbs 28:20 ESV /
A faithful man will abound with blessings, but whoever hastens to be rich will not go unpunished.

Mark 4:19 ESV /
But the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word, and it proves unfruitful.

in passing, there were some 'winners' who gave or donated to others most or all of their winnings, but they are not news-worthy .... so their not in the news much. they were much happier than the ones who kept what they won, btw.
a lot of the winners , about half of them, were much worse off and many said they wish they had never won anything!

"the was is wide that leads to destruction, and the whole world follows willy nilly(Hebrew 109)( :) ).
the way to life and heaven is narrow and few are there who find it."

in passing, there were some 'winners' who gave or donated to others most or all of their winnings, but they are not news-worthy .... so their not in the news much. they were much happier than the ones who kept what they won, btw.
a lot of the winners , about half of them, were much worse off and many said they wish they had never won anything!

"the was is wide that leads to destruction, and the whole world follows willy nilly(Hebrew 109)( :) ).
the way to life and heaven is narrow and few are there who find it."
It is simple. Problem is, some don't know how to use money...and even the little they had they messed up. Reminds me of that verse that says, you can't do well with big stuff if you can't do well with small stuff.

Back