Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does God speak to you?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have been struggling with feelings of why I can not hear from God. Does it make me a lesser Christian?

God never spoke directly to David whom God Himself certified as a man after His own heart.

Just for the sake of this man with whom God never spoke directly,
  • God did not tear the whole kingdom (1Kgs 11:13)
  • God added 15 years to Hezekiah (2 Kgs 20:6)
  • God defends Jerusalem (2 Kgs 20:6)
  • God Himself will sit on this man's throne (Luke 1:32)

I've only had what I think was a message from God once, and that was during a severe psychotic episode (yes, I know--lots of people who are psychotic think they hear from God. Even now, after meds, I still think it was God...) Anyway, God didn't communicate with me because he was pleased, that's for sure; the experience was kind of terrifying. The voice let me know things about myself that I didn't want to face or accept, but also offered me hope.

That was pretty much a 1 time thing (I certainly hope so, anyway). These days, I believe in God, I talk to God, God has done wonderful things in my life, but He hasn't spoken to me, which I think might indicate that I'm doing better now than I was back then.

As a new Christian, I was glad to read this and have a few things cleared up by reading others responses. I'm glad that there is not something wrong with me if I can't "hear God" speaking to me in words or something tangible. I guess I knew all along in my heart that when I get a strong feeling that something is the right or wrong thing to do that that IS God speaking to me, urging me to make a right choice and follow a righteous path. Thanks everyone for making me feel better reading this...God Bless :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back