Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

drug ads

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Do they have these where you live? In the US, the practice of advertising Rx pharmaceuticals to people directly was legalized in the late 90s. Since then, its exploded.

I remember the little Zoloft animated creatures, the Paxil campaign that turned shyness into a disorder, and the Propecia ads that equated perfect hair w/ manliness.

I got so used to it that I didn't think about it, until I took a break from watching TV for a nice, long while. Now, it freaks me out, personally. I have to take one of the most advertised meds (Abilify), and I'm thinking: what gives? Are there that many people seriously in need of serious meds for every part of their body?

Have you ever noticed at the last of a drug ad they always list all the side effects and there are sometimes 40 of them."And could cause death". OH GREAT!

Other than a handful of times I've not watched commercial TV for several years now. I just got tired of the long streams of ridiculous commercials and walked away from it entirely. Now on the rare occasion I watch it at someone else's house I find the commercials somewhat entertaining in their ridiculousness. They try to make you feel like all of humanity is sick if they AREN'T taking this or that medication.

And that's not to mention the ridiculous commercials for various new household things. I'm talking about the ones for things such as blenders, knives, or whatever that show some housewife using the old one in some way that makes her look like a complete imbecile that has the skills of a 2 year old. Then suddenly she handles the new product like a professional. Totally stupid!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back