Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Emergency prayer - planned suicide

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
W

wigginsmum

Please please pray for our friend E in the US. She's emailed her pastor to say she's planning to commit suicide in a few days. She came out of witchcraft last year as her husband died of cancer. She has a profoundly disabled son who lives in a home. She's just found out that after years of binge-drinking she has caused irreparable damage to part of her brain leading to seizures and blackouts. I know she trusts her pastor (a most excellent guy) but she says she's not going to answer the phone. No idea if she's planning to stay home, quit her job or what. She says she's going to bring her son home for a few days with her then take him back, then check out.

I don't know whether this is just a cry for help or whether she means it. My gut feeling is that she didn't fully come to Jesus and that there are still demons attacking her. But I do know Jesus can set her free and give her new hope. Please join me in praying for this. I'll keep you updated as I hear further.

Thanks,
Jules

Lord, I ask You, this very moment, to bind these evil plans in the name of Christ Jesus, our savior, our hope and our redeemer... amen

Deke

Dear Lord, please remind Your child that there is nothing in this world worth killing herself over when we are truely under Your Good Graces. And remind her that through the perseverance and patience endurance You have given us, we can endure anything. Place upon her heart the words of our brother Paul... "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

In the Name of Jesus,

Amen

Thanks guys - the crisis seems to be past. She's realised her son will always need her because he's so handicapped, and says he's the best thing she's ever had in her life. Her pastor's a great guy, and he and his wife are spending lots of time praying with her and listening to her.

Jules

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back