Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] every time something good happens...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
...people around here, men in particular, have to "teach me a lesson."

I used to be gay. Some dudes I hooked up with took pictures w/o my consent (keep in mind that from 20-28, I was semi-vegetative from heavy, involuntary ECT) and the pictures got around my small, southern hometown. Awesome!

My parents had to hire an attorney because a former shrink pressed charges against me. The attorney worked out a reasonable deal (misdemeanor, no jail time, probation, stay in treatment), but "he doesn't deserve an attorney," so all hell broke loose.

Ugh. Its SO FRUSTRATING! I literally mind my own business, pray a lot, and I'm going back to school through Liberty U online. That's it. That's my life. I'm the most hated person in my small, southern, hometown.

I should add that part of this is a "Sling Blade" type situation. I snapped on a family member 5 years ago because of everything I'd been through :-( Could have been terrible. I got to go to Teen Challenge, do some volunteer work and counseling, and get the record expunged (erased). Nobody cared back then, but now that my hair's grown back, I'm a little taller, my people are behind me, and I'm actually recovering from everything, suddenly people are out for blood.

I'm sick of self-righteous hypocrites turning against me and judging me and hurting me. I'm sick of people coming after me. Ugh! Also, I took my former shrink (the one who pressed the charges) to the medical board, because she prescribed high doses of Klonopin to me when I was a teenager. Apparently, docs got in trouble, so...I must be made to suffer, right? Riiiiight.

This is such a frustrating situation. Please pray that everything works out, that my family and I are OK, and that I can make it through school OK.,

Such is the way of the Christian. We aren't liked much in this world. That's because we don't belong to it.

It sounds like you have a lot of built up resentment/hatred towards what has happened to you. My suggestion? You need to let it all go. It sounds cliche', but it is true. Anger can do a lot of damage to us if improperly managed. Of course, there is a time for righteous anger, and there is a time to use it.

In America, God has given us the amazing right to travel among other towns, and hold our place among more like-minded folks. I am not sure what you do for a living, but maybe you could eventually move out of town? I would hate for it to resort to that, but it could be best for your mental health.

Pray about it, and let God lead you.

It's too bad people aren't more accepting of your changes. My family turned on me when I became a christian. The hostility was hard to take coming from these people I'd known all my life. They're quick to remind me of my past mistakes. People change. We grow. I guess people don't want nice they want consistency.

...people around here, men in particular, have to "teach me a lesson."

I used to be gay. Some dudes I hooked up with took pictures w/o my consent (keep in mind that from 20-28, I was semi-vegetative from heavy, involuntary ECT) and the pictures got around my small, southern hometown. Awesome!

My parents had to hire an attorney because a former shrink pressed charges against me. The attorney worked out a reasonable deal (misdemeanor, no jail time, probation, stay in treatment), but "he doesn't deserve an attorney," so all hell broke loose.

Ugh. Its SO FRUSTRATING! I literally mind my own business, pray a lot, and I'm going back to school through Liberty U online. That's it. That's my life. I'm the most hated person in my small, southern, hometown.

I should add that part of this is a "Sling Blade" type situation. I snapped on a family member 5 years ago because of everything I'd been through :-( Could have been terrible. I got to go to Teen Challenge, do some volunteer work and counseling, and get the record expunged (erased). Nobody cared back then, but now that my hair's grown back, I'm a little taller, my people are behind me, and I'm actually recovering from everything, suddenly people are out for blood.

I'm sick of self-righteous hypocrites turning against me and judging me and hurting me. I'm sick of people coming after me. Ugh! Also, I took my former shrink (the one who pressed the charges) to the medical board, because she prescribed high doses of Klonopin to me when I was a teenager. Apparently, docs got in trouble, so...I must be made to suffer, right? Riiiiight.

This is such a frustrating situation. Please pray that everything works out, that my family and I are OK, and that I can make it through school OK.,

Hi CE,
Do you have something else that could occupy your time?
We as people have a tendency to get too self involved when we don't make an effort to think about other things. We dredge up old grievances and sometimes even image new ones.
And another thing that can happen is when we don't forgive ourselves for our sin, even though God has, we can think that others have not forgiven us.
What other things interest you? Have you ever had any hobbies? Do you like gardening or animals or any number of other things. What about learning to play an instrument?
When do your classes start with Liberty? What would help you be more prepared for those classes?
I think you are stuck in some miry clay and if you could pull your feet out of it and start walking it would be helpful to you. The Lord will help you do this, if you will let Him.
Blessings CE

Thanks...Deborah, in particular (sorry to pick favorites).

My classes start May 12th. If I push it (18 credits/6classes a semester), I can do this in 3 semesters, which is one year at Liberty Online. I will start looking at hobbies and such and praying to God to help me with these problems.

Thanks, everyone.

Thanks...Deborah, in particular (sorry to pick favorites).

My classes start May 12th. If I push it (18 credits/6classes a semester), I can do this in 3 semesters, which is one year at Liberty Online. I will start looking at hobbies and such and praying to God to help me with these problems.

Thanks, everyone.

May 12th isn't very far away. Taking 18 credits is pushing, some schools won't allow freshman to do this but didn't you say that you had transferable credits, I think you did.
Anyway, that should keep you very busy striving to be at the top, 4.0 Magna Cum Laude. Like Paul says, running for the best. :)
I always found it relaxing to pick up my inexpensive Epipy guitar when taking a break. Cords are easy to learn, nothing fancy but pleasant.
Blessings CE

Back