Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Evil turned back on their own heads...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

DeeDee79

Has anyone ever experienced or seen or heard of God dealing with someone who has mistreated people in an evil cruel way by turning their own trouble onto their own heads?

Hi DeeDee79. I'm not sure if I'm answering this to your satisfaction, but Genesis 18:25 asks: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

2Ti 4:14 Paul said: Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:

I think of Samson being given strength to destroy all who tormented him.
Jdg 16:28 And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.
Jdg 16:29 And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand, and of the other with his left.
Jdg 16:30 And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life.

Throughout much of the Old Testament God used the armies of Israel to make spoil of their enemies.
Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Hi DeeDee79. I'm not sure if I'm answering this to your satisfaction, but Genesis 18:25 asks: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

2Ti 4:14 Paul said: Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:

I think of Samson being given strength to destroy all who tormented him.
Jdg 16:28 And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.
Jdg 16:29 And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand, and of the other with his left.
Jdg 16:30 And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life.

Throughout much of the Old Testament God used the armies of Israel to make spoil of their enemies.
Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

I hear alot of talk about how God intervenes in the old testament days but the days after Jesus was resurrected, all sins are not punished until Judgement day.

hi. ive been put thru a lot, more before Jesus saved me (4 1/2 years into my walk with The Lord), but...yeah. It still happens, largely because I'm stigmatized, low status, blah blah blah.

Anyway...what's helped me is learning to pray for my enemies, those who despitefully use me, and those who speak all matter of evil against me falsely. At first, that was painful. I mean...I was put thru it, hardcore. Then, The Lord softened my heart, and it got easier. Now, I pray for The Lord to lavish His blessings upon those people, and I pray that Jesus will save them, through and through.

Is it because I'm the best Christian ever? Obviously...NO. This is part of The Lord's work in my heart+life. I was: angry, bitter, broken, childhish, helpless, destroyed. I am now: well, 1st and foremost...a New Creation in Christ Jesus. I'm also far less angry, more hopeful, more mature, and....remarkably whole now, against all odds.

OK. Having said all that, vengeance is a part of The Lord's character. I was a very wretched, miserable, sinner until Jesus saved me, so that's clearly not part of who He is that I'm big on meditating on right now, but...yeah. Its there, and its not something to take lightly, at all.

I'm glad you're here, by the way. New members are always welcome, plus some of the questions you've posted have gotten me to thinking about things, so..yeah. Welcome to CFnet.

I hear alot of talk about how God intervenes in the old testament days but the days after Jesus was resurrected, all sins are not punished until Judgement day.
But if we're trusting God, we know He has not failed or forsaken us, and His judgment will be correct, and on time.

hi. ive been put thru a lot, more before Jesus saved me (4 1/2 years into my walk with The Lord), but...yeah. It still happens, largely because I'm stigmatized, low status, blah blah blah.

Anyway...what's helped me is learning to pray for my enemies, those who despitefully use me, and those who speak all matter of evil against me falsely. At first, that was painful. I mean...I was put thru it, hardcore. Then, The Lord softened my heart, and it got easier. Now, I pray for The Lord to lavish His blessings upon those people, and I pray that Jesus will save them, through and through.

Is it because I'm the best Christian ever? Obviously...NO. This is part of The Lord's work in my heart+life. I was: angry, bitter, broken, childhish, helpless, destroyed. I am now: well, 1st and foremost...a New Creation in Christ Jesus. I'm also far less angry, more hopeful, more mature, and....remarkably whole now, against all odds.

OK. Having said all that, vengeance is a part of The Lord's character. I was a very wretched, miserable, sinner until Jesus saved me, so that's clearly not part of who He is that I'm big on meditating on right now, but...yeah. Its there, and its not something to take lightly, at all.

I'm glad you're here, by the way. New members are always welcome, plus some of the questions you've posted have gotten me to thinking about things, so..yeah. Welcome to CFnet.

Thank you for your welcome. I just became a born again Christian about 6 months ago. It feels good to know I can come to an online forum like this to seek more knowledge.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back