Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Excellence in All Things and All Things to God's Glory

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
M

MrVersatile48

Excellence in All Things and All Things to God's Glory: The Legacy of Dr. D. James Kennedy
Albert Mohler

President, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary

The death of Dr. D. James Kennedy is yet another reminder of what the hymn writer Isaac Watts saw when he wrote that "time, like an ever rolling stream, bears all its sons away." Dr. Kennedy died this morning at his home in Ft. Lauderdale. He had been out of the public eye since suffering a significant cardiac arrest last December 28.

James Kennedy founded the Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church in 1959, the year I was born. Within just a few short years the church became one of the nation's largest Presbyterian congregations. Along the way he established a host of affiliated ministries. He taught thousands of Christians how to share their faith, one on one, through Evangelism Explosion. He reached millions through his television ministry, "The Coral Ridge Hour." He educated generations of children and youth through Westminster Academy and trained ministers through Knox Theological Seminary.

He was a visionary with few peers. The motto inscribed on a flanking wall of the church's massive sanctuary certainly made an impression on me as a young man: "Excellence in All Things and All Things to God's Glory."

Some friends and associates called him "Jim," but to the rest of the world he was Dr. D. James Kennedy --

http://www.crosswalk.com/news/commentary/11553524/

This reminds me how I praised God, last Tuesday night, when there were at least 3 Christian TV programs encouraging evangelism & honouring evangelists

For many years, whenever I checked ads in Christian mags, there was not one for an evangelist: do pray that God calls folk to sponsor evangelists

Local folk may like to know that I'm only allowed to earn £20 per week without affecting my Benefits, & with the hours I put in, both here & in precinct promos, all over NW UK, do pray God will lead folk to safeguard my time for God's Word & work, OK?

God bless!

Ian

Statement from Pat Robertson Regarding the Passing of D. James Kennedy

CBN.com – VIRGINIA BEACH, Va., September 5, 2007â€â€Jim Kennedy was a towering figure among evangelicals. He was a brilliant theologian with a passion for evangelism. All of us who knew and admired him mourn his passing.

See also @ 4 posts @

James Kennedy Dies at 76

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29765

Ian

Back