Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Favorite 'wordless' music, anyone?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I...love...soundtracks. While I'm typing this, I'm currently listening to Black Hawk Down stuff.
Music without words don't necessiraly tell a story, but I always find it interesting how they can manipulate a mood or mindset.
Instead of listing off aaaall the specific movie soundtracks, most of them are done by the same composers anyway, so I'll just post my favorite artists.

Favorite Soundtrack artists:
John Williams - Star Wars, Hook, and yes, even Harry Potter music. No one can deny they like the music. I'm also goin to see Star Wars in Concert on Nov 18 in Baltimore, MD. CAN'T WAIT!
Michael Giacchino - Incredibles, other Pixar movies, Star Trek (new one), Black (PS2), and the entire Medal of Honor series (AMAZING)
Steve Jablonsky - Transformers, The Island, and Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Harry Gregson-Williams - Narnia, Kingdom of Heaven, The Rundown, and Metal Gear Solid
Hans Zimmer - almost every movie known to man. Pirates, Last Samurai, Black Hawk, Lion King, Batman, The Rock, list goes on
anything celtic/Irish/Scottish. puts me in a good mood.
Mozart, Bach, and Brahms never fail either
Trans-Siberian Orchestra never fails during the holidays
I'm also into Gregorian chants. They originated from the church, and it's like a breath of fresh air.
Anything Arabic or Indian sounding I also like.
Latin dance - Bolero, (true) Salsa music, and definitely Flamenco.

When people say they're ecclectic and they like "everything" when it comes to music..they have NOTHING on me. lol. They're all like, "You're weird!" "You listen to weird music!" Then I'm like, "I thought you said you listened to everything??" and they're like, "Well, yeah, but not weird stuff like that!"

pff..whatever. :tongue

One of the best episodes of Star Trek:The Next Generation was one called "The Inner Light", where Captain Picard plays a certain tune on a type of flute.

The person who wrote that tune is Jay Chattaway. Later on he wrote a whole suite around that tune called "Orchestral Suite from the Inner Light."

I think even John Williams himself would appreciate this piece. I have listened to it almost every morning for the past two years. I highly recommend it, and can guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Hey, if you check his his bio, he's very alive and well and quite the ladies man too. :lol He's also become quite a hit here in the New York City area on Broadway with his one man rendition of "A Christmas Carol" and his role in "Macbeth". :yes

stewart always has been a ladies man, must be the bald head, my wife loves it when i shave my head bald.

jason

I've always loved Patrick Stewart. He outdid himself with two roles. Jean-Luc Picard, and Ebenezer Scrooge. BEST Scrooge...ever. No one can do better. It's just a fact.

More wordless music I like is kind of that funky, strut down the street beats you hear in The Animatrix and Gurren Legann. (Row, row, Fight the Powa!) That kinda stuff. Puts me in a good mood, and makes me feel awesome in a completely original and different way.

I do enjoy the occasional "wordless" music break. My favorites, though they sometimes have guest singers, is Apocalyptica. Now THEY can really rock the cellos!!!

Back