Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

fellowship is costly

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

iwll42

I think, I don't know how I can be willing to literally end up on cross and taken all wordly possesions. Apparently, gighest cost if we agree on, then we have nothing to fear, as we've acceted consuequences of costly Christ fellowship.

How parents can expect their children to keep up to this standard ? How parents can demand their kids give up their personal to God.

Being isolated, no social life, mocked, those are all costs of following. Avoiding sin like Joseph, will get you mocked and in Joseph case put in jail. For suffering of innocent.

So i great cost. And where do I see repay in this life ???
Every repay is in another life, but why ?

I think, I don't know how I can be willing to literally end up on cross and taken all wordly possesions. Apparently, gighest cost if we agree on, then we have nothing to fear, as we've acceted consuequences of costly Christ fellowship.

How parents can expect their children to keep up to this standard ? How parents can demand their kids give up their personal to God.

Being isolated, no social life, mocked, those are all costs of following. Avoiding sin like Joseph, will get you mocked and in Joseph case put in jail. For suffering of innocent.

What was your life like before you became a Christian ?

What was your life like before you became a Christian ?
There was no before. I always was been. I've been taught this way. This is embedded in my personality already.

I've never had rebelious stage through which teens go through and start to have full unbelief.
I've always hoped, tried not to act rebelious, or amuse unbelief.

But I just now see how great cost it is. How much I became isolated, introvert, with 0% friends and experiences.

And I am soo much different than everyone else. I've read that we should be different, like a counter-culture.

But I feel like " I live in my own world ", like some people called me out. And that makes me so out of touch with everybody.
Because, I try to have that childlike faith and pure heart, and when I see evil I just can't indulge in it. Like great evil of pre-marital sex. I can't fantom what mindset it takes to do such things. Same way, someone can't understand why someone would cheat on long-time partner.

And if you say "just hangout more". Then I will inevitably end up tempted with those sins. And would be mocked and excluded. So I come to the same result if I'm social or not. I'm just wastong energy other way.

Have you been born again ?

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
does it matter ?
pastor didn't wanted to baptize me anyway.

Is born again, being able to discern voice of Holy Spirit ? It's just that I'm in too much pain like Job.
I wish God would throw some judgment at me, for all my faith and belief like Job, and just feel too conflicted.
So I could wonder why God judges person who listens to Him ?

I'm deteriorating at this point, the more closer to finishing college I am, and uncertainty I have to face, of never getting any job. To have hope I will get job, just so it could be crushed ?

does it matter ?
pastor didn't wanted to baptize me anyway

Being born again does matter, as it means that one has a personal faith in Jesus.
Being baptised is a personal witness to one's faith, it doesn't give faith.

All Christians are expected to live as best they can to honour Jesus, and no matter what happens in your life, that is what you should see, to do.

Fellowship with Christ is only costly if you look at the wickedness of the world as something good.
Look instead at the price those of the world are, and will be, paying for their lack of fellowship with God.

Fellowship with Christ is only costly if you look at the wickedness of the world as something good.
Jesus told the disciples that if they want to be with Jesus they must give up everything. (regardless here what they think of the wickedness of the world)

Jesus told the disciples that if they want to be with Jesus they must give up everything. (regardless here what they think of the wickedness of the world)
Without knowing which verses you are citing, it is hard to imagine the context of His words.
Inanimate objects like clothing or food or housing aren't seen as evil or as good.
Jesus' message was to shed all that kept man from God.
Remember when He said..."If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:26) ?
He wasn't talking about actually hating them, but to hold the things of God in higher esteem/regard than those mentioned things.
God first, and everything else, second !

Desires for things of the world are opposed to spirit.
That is correct, in some cases.
(BTW, that is a capital "S" in Spirit)
You must also delineate between necessities and things of the "flesh".
Jesus wanted figs from that tree, in Matt 21:19.
Those weren't things counter to the Spirit.
Jesus wanted a drink from the well, in John 4.
Water is of this world, but also, not a thing of the "flesh".

I forget how many times this is in the GOSPEL(S).

If anyone holds on to the things of the world, they cannot follow or obey Jesus.
This is true.
But it doesn't mean we are to throw away all our old clothes at our conversion.
It is our priorities count !

Strange how Jesus and the apostles where very happy to receive help from wealthy believers.

Paul's command to Christians is to work, not to be idle drunks, but generous givers to those in need.

May I suggest that those who believe nonsense like escaping from the world should start reading history. The history of wealthy Christiangs who used their wealth in God's service.
Try the Countess of Huntingdon.
I'm not talking about tely evangelists, but those who were born into wealth or achieved it.
Eg. The Cadbury's, Sainsburies, Fry's, they achieved wealth and used it wisely building communities for their employees.

Raise up , train, a child in the way he should go, and even when he is old he won't depart far from it.

Back