Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Filling the Vacuum

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

humble soul

On Sabbatical from Rome
Heres my thesis.
When we are with others we fill the vacuum that seems to be there.
Examples:
someone who loves to talk needs a listener
a group that is chaotic and too childish needs an adult
a group that is too serious needs a childish character to lighten everyone up
a lazy group needs a hard worker
a nasty gossipping cynical workplace needs a mature quiet person who just does their job. The dark needs light.

To be honest Ive been on a lot of forums. After a while you notice what is missing. Some are too layback and no one cares much what happens.
Others are too strict as moderators and act like Big Brother.
Many just struggle with numbers. Not enough numbers therefore often a lack of balance. Cliques.
This forum seems ok too me. I quite like it.

Getting back to dark cynical workplaces. So many workplaces lack a genuine ethical respectful and loyal atmosphere. Often the people at the bottom cop the most flak as natural hierarchy grows. Bullying and harassment. Its all about power. Not about Jesus.

I remember working with a very irresponsible childish colleague. It forced me into a very serious responsible adult role. which i am not comfortable with.
I am a reliable responsible worker but i dont like working with monkeys.

1 John 5:19 states: We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

We shouldn't be surprised when the world acts worldly. When we work for a worldly employer and they do something terrible and we think, "How could they do that?!" It's because they are of the world, that's why.

The good news is that we can take heart because Christ has overcome this world. (John 16:33)

1 John 5:19 states: We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

We shouldn't be surprised when the world acts worldly. When we work for a worldly employer and they do something terrible and we think, "How could they do that?!" It's because they are of the world, that's why.

The good news is that we can take heart because Christ has overcome this world. (John 16:33)
So many circumstances require us to be the light in the dark. Bringing Gods love to a world thirsting for it. That love iscnot alwayscin the form of kindness. Sometimes it is be the lone courageous voice who stands up to satanic forces.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back