Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Financial Confession

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Our "little" church may be changing. We will soon be moving, and several different people "have been impressed with" the expectation of more than doubling in size in less than a year. (Note the PC way I avoided saying "prophesy"? That's for all the traditionalists in the audience.)

I do not and I am very happy with that choice.I do not believe that attending a Church is a salvation issue.
Christians shouldn't live the Christian life on our own. We’re instructed to - Hebrews 10.25 tells us to assemble with other believers.

Christians shouldn't live the Christian life on our own. We’re instructed to - Hebrews 10.25 tells us to assemble with other believers.
in generaly i agree but if i lived in a small town where there was no church that isn't apostate , i wouldn't go.

We are lead by the Holy Spirit...not the flesh.
do you know where kathi lives? i don't. i also know a mod here who is the same boat. she has told me why. i understand it. there are shut ins an also other reasons. where i live i have seen one street have five churches on it. are all those churches doing the will of god? maybe not.

do you know where kathi lives? i don't. i also know a mod here who is the same boat. she has told me why. i understand it. there are shut ins an also other reasons. where i live i have seen one street have five churches on it. are all those churches doing the will of god? maybe not.
I tagged you, not Kathy. I was reminding you we are lead by the Holy Spirit.

I understand that but we are not alone.I have Christ with me.I am thankful to have gone to Church when I was a new believer.I was not growing in this Church I learned very little.I then started going to another Church that I liked very much and grew alot.It got too big.I was not seeing God in this Church any longer.Churches are not what they used to be.I am very fussy who teaches me the Word of God.I am doing better on my own with a couple of Christian friends to pray with that can lead me closer to Christ than when I was in a Church.

Last edited:
I have know a few people who will not miss a Sunday of going to Church.I am not impressed with their life or the fruit they are producing for Christ.

I understand that but we are not alone.I have Christ with me.I am thankful to have gone to Church when I was a new believer.I was not growing in this Church I learned very little.I then started going to another Church that I liked very much and grew alot.It got too big.I was not seeing God in this Church any longer.Churches are not what they used to be.I am very fussy who teaches me the Word of God.I am doing better on my own with a couple of Christian friends to pray with that can lead me closer to Christ than when I was in a Church.
God loves you..and I find no fault in you.

I personally wish we were NOT told to connect ourselves with other Christians. It would honestly make my life easier. But I know that is not God's wish for us. So, I (sometimes reluctantly) concede to God's wishes, and routinely shove myself right into the thick of being with other Christians. I often don't see the point of it, but that is what Jesus came to do... walk right into the crowds, so I do it, too.

I personally wish we were NOT told to connect ourselves with other Christians. It would honestly make my time easier. But I know that is not God's wish for us. So, I (sometimes reluctantly) concede to God's wishes, and routinely shove myself right into the thick of being with other Christians. I often don't see the point of it, but that is what Jesus came to do... walk right into the crowds, so I do it, too.
The Bible tells us that we are not to be unevenly yoked with non Chrisitan friends or spouses.I have a couple of non Christian friends but I do not take advise from them.There are some Christians I will not take advise from either.

The scripture tells us that we have three enemies. The flesh, the world, and Satan. The flesh always likes to rebel. This is why flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. Rebellion is considered witchcraft in the bible. Even though the flesh wants to rebel...do what the word of God has commanded us to do anyway. Now you have obeyed God.

Luke 9:23 New International Version (NIV)
23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.(A)

The scripture tells us that we have three enemies. The flesh, the world, and Satan. The flesh always likes to rebel. This is why flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. Rebellion is considered witchcraft in the bible. Even though the flesh wants to rebel...do what the word of God has commanded us to do anyway. Now you have obeyed God.

Luke 9:23 New International Version (NIV)
23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.(A)
Yes :)

I emphatically believe in trusting by faith in God to be with us on everything we do.
But I have to agree with you, Reba. When we start looking at it like,"Well, I did THIS, God, so I expect you to give me THAT as a payment that I have earned by doing my part."... then there just may be something wrong with how we understand Scripture.

I understand where you're coming from, and it's not as if you're wrong. But in the same vein, I can't say that iLove is wrong either.

Looking back through the scriptures, we see patterns. In the OT, almost everything was if this, then that. If you obey, then I will bless you and so forth, if you do not, then I will not bless you. The OT is entirely typified of behavior and things to come.

Take tithes for example. One can obey them and be blessed. Or one can try to mock God, and only pay tithes in order to try to make a profit from Him. God is not a vending machine and will not be mocked, this is true.

But if ones heart is in the right place, and the relationship is secure, then there's no mockery involved, but a confident knowledge of how God is and what to expect from Him. It's like having a good friend that one can count on. If you walk with honor with regard to your friend, then you know that you can count on him to do certain things for you. This is not done with the same heart and position of one that is demanding that his friend do something, this is a confidence and trust that he will. It is in this light, that we very surely can depend upon the Lord and expect for Him to respond in the ways which he has told us that He will in scripture.

This is how I am perceiving iLove's post to be made in. He has a good heart for the Lord and so his faith and trust in the Lord is confident, not demanding. Can you see the difference?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back