Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

FireProof

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
We saw the movie, and I thought it was pretty ok. My husband likes these things more than I do, and he really liked it. It is NOT for children at all, because there are just too many adult themes, and there are a lot of fights between the husband and wife. The Lord bless you.

Hey heather, Timothy and I rented it the other weekend and we really enjoyed it. There is a thread about it in the Movie forum where people have said good things about it, you might like to check that out. Have you not seen the movie yet?

No, I haven't but my church is gearing up for a couples class on the movie and book. I'm always torn about these things as to whether or not it's something I would enjoy. I know I can get the movie at redbox for only $1. That way if I don't like it, it was only a buck lost.

It's a great movie!
We saw the movie when it was previewing at 'select' theatres. If you havn't seen it, I'd say go! It's a great show!

BTW, this Friday our congregation is doing a "Date Night" where were all going out to dinner, then were heading back to the Church to watch Fireproof. I'm really looking forward to the evening!

I know the couple that is leading the class said that it's not just for marriages in trouble. I know that there are some couples struggling and I praise God that I'm not in that situation. I know that this doesn't mean that I won't be eventually because every marriage has bad days. We would not be humans if marriage was peachy all the time. I'm really not sure about starting the class and what to expect. I don't even know what book they plan on using.

what is this movie about?? i haven't even heard of it :tongue maybe it's just not out in OZ yet, we don't get stuff till months after the states.

I wasn't on the bandwagon with this movie...I'm a bit prejudiced about the low-budget quality of many Christian films, and since it's marketed as a "marriage help" movie, well, it didn't sound so entertaining. BUT, my daughter's friend bought it for us as a late Christmas present (quite late ;) ), and my husband and I watched it earlier this week with our unmarried 22 year old son. We were all very impressed. Kirk Cameron is a class A actor, my gosh! It definitely has the salvation message in it, the best part, but the story about the marriage is very touching, too. Also, the bit about Cameron playing a fire department Captain was just very good - charming as well as poignant.

Fireproof gets my two thumbs up! :thumb :thumb

Yeah, Amielou - my good friend there in Australia is always looking for the movies I suggest to her, but they come out a lot later in Oz. Keep your eyes open for it, though, I think you'll love it!

Ok, Like I said, I was really skeptical. But I watched it last night with my husband. It was a really good movie. A Must See for any christian couple and any other couple. I like how the dad introduces Christ.

Back