Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Flooring Question...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
G

gladysia

How much She my husband charge to install wood floors in Texas? A company asked my husband how much he charges to install only glue and wood but no cork? He doesn't know how much to charge just because hes from Atlanta and this is in Texas. If you can please tell me what you would charge for that thanks.

Why don't you call a few places in Texas and try and get them to give you a ballpark estimate over the phone? Or you can search for a home repair blog/forum from Texas and ask people on there?

If he knows how much the total job should be, then just subtract the estimated amount of cork required and the approximate time it would take for the cork alone. Maybe he doesn't have a good idea how long it would take. My brother happens to own about a dozen companies. One of the most important aspects of doing business is knowing your price per foot of installation and your labor costs from there. My brother's main company has everything down to a science. They do all the takeoffs on the print with electronic pens, which immediately enters data into an estimating program.
Your husband would do well in the future to work on his estimates. It can generate a lot of business if your estimates are tight. He must have some previous job orders with the footage on them. Go from there.
Hope that helps. P.S. He also might want to take into account, the difficulty of the job. If there are a lot of twists and turns, obviously the price should be higher.

Back