Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Football is like Religion

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

Football is like religion. FIFA is the highest authority.
The leagues are like the religious branches. In each league you have several clubs. The clubs represent the denominations.

In each club there is a coach and a president. They are like the pastors and church owners.
The players are like the church workers who run the church.

Some clubs are very powerful and have the largest numers of fans.
The fans are the congregation.

Individuals are free to choose whatever league and then club they prefer.

Membership is by choice and never by compulsion...tho some may be lured into one. Yet only very few are able to discover the best league...and then further make it to the best club - and they are self-convinced: it is the best.

In spite of the truth that there are several clubs, each club or league tells you 'we are the best'. The fans protest and debate and quarrel with other fans of other clubs and leagues. The players work harder to show they are the best. The coaches and presidents point a finger at other coaches.

There are referees also. The refs are like the politicians and presidents who may have great influence over a game.
Then Who is FIFA. There was and is FIFA. Yet we now have UEFA CL, CAF etc...
FC Barcelona is like christianity.

Christianity is not a religion. Its more than religion. Its truth.

As for other religions it is.

Better called the stupor bowl.

It hypnotizes the audience. Halftime is filled with heathen music and pagan enchantment.

It has to do with unfinished pyramids and end time prophecy. I guess I cant say more than that.

Footballs not bad.

Stuporbowl is.

Sociologists have conducted studies on soccer fans, journalists and players, and found that they show behaviour, emotions and attitudes similar to religious behaviour. Even the vocabulary is similar.

And there is an actual church of Maradonna, which is more like a weird kind of fan club, but they use a lot of christian language, rituals and symbolism, so they clearly overstep the line of what is fun. They are commiting idolatry.
[video=youtube;knRo_1xrJ2A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knRo_1xrJ2A[/video]

This documentary on how much people worship soccer seems to be interesting, too, haven't watched all of it though.

[video=youtube;tkBcQfJPwRY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkBcQfJPwRY[/video]

Okay, the devil will use everything to distract people from God, but seriously? Soccer? I thought the devil would have more self respect. :lol

Claudya: Hard to imagine Beckenbauer as an archbishop...but some men really think along those lines ... :chin

Claudya: Hard to imagine Beckenbauer as an archbishop...but some men really think along those lines ... :chin

Well at least Beckenbauer's pet name of honour is "Kaiser" (emperor), so a least it's a title of worldly power instead of false religion.

There is this guy, a footballer (now retired from playing), whom when he was active in football was a pastor and owned a church.

Football is like any other hobby which may become idolatory to people too. E.g is fashion, reading, travelling, skiing etc. So whenever it takes the place of God in one's life it becomes a problem to the people.

Should Christians play ball?

Good a thing football has it's positive side. Though it may cause chaos to nuts and those radicals, it can unite the peoples of a nation - when your country wins the World Cup or when your club demolishes the opponent. How amazing footballe brought me closer to reality and God

Yeah I know at least two pastors that play or love watching football. And somewhere around the villages south of here there is a small soccer club exclusively of pastors playing soccer just for fun.

Should Christians play ball?
That's not a serious question, is it?

Good a thing football has it's positive side. Though it may cause chaos to nuts and those radicals, it can unite the peoples of a nation - when your country wins the World Cup or when your club demolishes the opponent. How amazing footballe brought me closer to reality and God

Or devide the nation if two clubs from one country face each other in a champions league final. That was fun. :lol Great game, too. Though I still can't believe those blasted Bavarians won.

Or devide the nation if two clubs from one country face each other in a champions league final. That was fun. :lol Great game, too. Though I still can't believe those blasted Bavarians won.
I said World Cup not UEFA Champions League. LOL

Bayern Munchen vs Borrusia Dortmund? Ribbery doesn't deserve a win - when they flooded their field against Barça...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back