Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Ford Loses $1.3 Billion on Electric Vehicles in First Quarter of 2024, Delays Plans to Make More

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Electric cars make no sense, unless you are rich.

I guess thars where it starts. To own a EV one first needs to be able to afford one and in these times i dont know how many people can afford to purchase a new EV, even second hand, it would take years before the regular person could ever afford one of there was ever enough around.

The real solution is for America to transition from cars to feet. Seriously, look at the rest of the developed world. People walk everywhere, they ride a bike, or they take public transit. It would also help cut down on the obesity epidemic.

But that would require redesigning American cities to not be car centric anymore, and that's not going to happen. Just imagine what Americans could save if they didn't have those massive car payments and insurance payments they have to make each month. The car culture in the US is a scam. People work two jobs just to pay for their stupid cars that sit in the driveway most of the time, and they actually brag about this.

I drive a 2011 Dodge Journey. Paid in full. But I still have to pay for the insurance. If I ever move to Europe or Japan, I'm going to sell it before I go. I'd much rather walk. Exercise on the way to the local food market. Killing two birds with one stone.

The real solution is for America to transition from cars to feet. Seriously, look at the rest of the developed world. People walk everywhere, they ride a bike, or they take public transit. It would also help cut down on the obesity epidemic.

But that would require redesigning American cities to not be car centric anymore, and that's not going to happen. Just imagine what Americans could save if they didn't have those massive car payments and insurance payments they have to make each month. The car culture in the US is a scam. People work two jobs just to pay for their stupid cars that sit in the driveway most of the time, and they actually brag about this.

I drive a 2011 Dodge Journey. Paid in full. But I still have to pay for the insurance. If I ever move to Europe or Japan, I'm going to sell it before I go. I'd much rather walk. Exercise on the way to the local food market. Killing two birds with one stone.

You could read meters ,deliver mail on foot .

Not all of the flc route I did .but the black and white gives you the area I read better .nothing north of that twin pair road going east and the south road save that tiny curve road which is where the blue building the upper is now . And a few streets west. Four hours of waking

You could read meters ,deliver mail on foot .

Not all of the flc route I did .but the black and white gives you the area I read better .nothing north of that twin pair road going east and the south road save that tiny curve road which is where the blue building the upper is now . And a few streets west. Four hours of waking

Older topo I mentioned

When the government gets so desperate that they are giving EVs away, I will get one...but I am keeping my 2006 E-250 until I am sure I won't have to live in it. :biggrin2

When the government gets so desperate that they are giving EVs away, I will get one...but I am keeping my 2006 E-250 until I am sure I won't have to live in it. :biggrin2
Which is fine, because junking a running usable vehicle to buy an EV is a net negative. You're better off keeping your old vehicle and "driving it 'til it drops" (which is what I do).

The best time to consider switching to an EV or plug-in hybrid is when you're ready to ditch your old vehicle anyways.

Which is fine, because junking a running usable vehicle to buy an EV is a net negative. You're better off keeping your old vehicle and "driving it 'til it drops" (which is what I do).

The best time to consider switching to an EV or plug-in hybrid is when you're ready to ditch your old vehicle anyways.
You forgot the part about winning the lottery first. :hysterical

Nah. The place I live has 5-6 months of winter and none of the EV owners have ever had problems. About all they say is that it takes a bit longer to reach full charge.
I purchased an EV late December and when it dropped to single digits, the car was terrible for range. I’m talking 150 miles on a charge. In the 20s and mid 30s about 165 and low 40s about 180.
Now that it’s getting warmer, I’m seeing 250 easy and it should get better as it gets warmer.

I have a Bolt EUV, so it didn’t have the battery issues Tesla had with single digits.

I purchased an EV late December and when it dropped to single digits, the car was terrible for range. I’m talking 150 miles on a charge. In the 20s and mid 30s about 165 and low 40s about 180.
Now that it’s getting warmer, I’m seeing 250 easy and it should get better as it gets warmer.

I have a Bolt EUV, so it didn’t have the battery issues Tesla had with single digits.
That's good to know. I figure if I do get an EV (leaning more to a plug-in hybrid), it'll be for my regular daily driving which never exceeds 100 miles.

I always purchase cheap cars even i could purchase a nice modern car but i dont see the point.

The vehicle i have now i purchase for 1500, its good on gas, and has alredy been running for a year so far with no issues. If it does break down easy and cheap for parts, if it craps itself i just scrap it and buy another one not really a big loss. I mean 1500 and been gling a year if i goes another year thats a pretty good deal. Cheaper than renting. Lol.

All my cars over the last 20 or so years have been like 3k or less and only 1 i have ever had issues with.

So far my vehicle has cost me 4 dollars a day. 1500÷365 is about 4. I just drive it till its done might take me down to like it cost me 1 a day. If i purchase a new vehicle its just depreciates in value.

I mean if i purchase a vehicle for say 50k as soon as i drive away its gone down in value, after a couple years its worth even less, and then if it was on finance thats just more loss interest. I just see it as a loss or bad debt.

I always found it amazing how people call a vehicle a asset, its nothing but a loss and liability, unless someone has a vintage or classic or something rare it might hold value and increase.

I aint purchasing no vehicle when they just depreciate in value. Thats a loss, even more if it was on finance. Im happy with my 1500 vehicle, i have saved more already than i would have anything else.

Ford still makes cars? I thought they quit making cars and decided to just make trucks and SUV's.

And to be honest, every Ford I've ever owned was a piece of crap.

Bigger picture wise, US consumers bought a record 1.2 million EV cars last year, so the demand is there, it's just a question of how big it is and which brands consumers are choosing. My next car might be an EV or plug-in hybrid, but there's no way in Hades I'd ever buy a Ford.

Modern Fords are junk. But some of the Fords that were purposely destroyed in the Cash for Clunkers the engines were basically indestructible. If I recall they drained the oil and used sand to quickly kill them and the Ford engines just kept going for 20+minutes before failing.

Though I wont touch any Ford past 2005. Just regular maintenance I hear is just a pain to do.

So far my vehicle has cost me 4 dollars a day. 1500÷365 is about 4. I just drive it till its done might take me down to like it cost me 1 a day. If i purchase a new vehicle its just depreciates in value.

I mean if i purchase a vehicle for say 50k as soon as i drive away its gone down in value, after a couple years its worth even less, and then if it was on finance thats just more loss interest. I just see it as a loss or bad debt.

I bought a 2nd vehicle as my other vehicle is pretty old, but I do most of the maintenance myself, with the occasion I'll send it to my mechanic especially if I don't have the tools to do it myself.

Way cheaper to work on it yourself and it's nice to spend a Saturday morning in the garage working on a rig.

Ford Loses $1.3 Billion on Electric Vehicles in First Quarter of 2024, Delays Plans to Make More

Ford announced earlier this month that the company will delay producing two new electric models, opting for hybrid vehicles instead.

“Many companies rushed in too fast with E.V.s that were too expensive and there was not as much of a market for them as they thought,” Sam Abuelsamid, transportation and mobility analyst at research firm Guidehouse Insights, told the New York Times. “That’s made it a lot tougher to sell those vehicles.”

A lot of it was driving interest as it was "something new" despite EVs are older than gasoline (ICE). The other aspect is the forced push away from ICE and the hype. EPA also revised and is pushing hybrids instead.

That's good to know. I figure if I do get an EV (leaning more to a plug-in hybrid), it'll be for my regular daily driving which never exceeds 100 miles.
Personally, the next generation from GM is far superior than my Bolt. For starters, it can charge quicker and has more capacity. Not to mention if a cell goes bad, they can swap the cell as opposed to swapping the entire battery.

In not so many years from now you’ll be able to charge about 400 miles in 10 minutes from commercial chargers. It’s coming, and it’s coming soon.

Personally, the next generation from GM is far superior than my Bolt. For starters, it can charge quicker and has more capacity. Not to mention if a cell goes bad, they can swap the cell as opposed to swapping the entire battery.

In not so many years from now you’ll be able to charge about 400 miles in 10 minutes from commercial chargers. It’s coming, and it’s coming soon.
That makes sense and probably explains why the folks I know who own EV's don't complain about the issues you mentioned (their cars are all relatively new).

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back