Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Free Sermon: "Thou shalt not kill (Muammar Gaddafi)"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

rwbovee

The Bible still says "Thou shalt not kill." According to the news media Colonel Muammar Gaddafi and his remaining soldiers and bodyguards (not females as some trash newspapers tried to falsely report) attempted to escape the city of Sirte in a convoy but were then attacked by French fighters and an American drone airplane. A wounded Muammar Gaddafi and his remaining bodyguards sought shelter in a drainage pipe. A battle ensued which killed Muammar Gaddafi's bodyguards. Muammar Gaddafi was then mercilessly beaten for a long time by the rebels, who finally shot him.

What's wrong with this picture? The United Nations only authorized a no fly zone. This American and French action was a violation of their authorization and a war crime. The beating and killing of a prisoner is a violation of the Geneva Conventions and incidentally also a violation of the teachings of the Koran.

I've complained over and over again about what the United States has been doing for the last ten years and nobody seems to have paid any attention, but it's still my job to complain. Because our country wasn't founded to be like this. George Washington and others didn't envision a warmongering country, but one living in peace with other countries. And if the United States truly is a Christian nation, at least a majority of it's people still profess to being Christians, this certainly is not Christian behavior.

A couple of recent articles I read disturbed me. One was that a United Nations had issued a report that the Afghanistan government was systematically practicing torture on prisoners. Incidentally this is the same kind of torture that came out in Abu Ghraib in Iraq. Prisoners threatened with dogs and so on. So we have an Obama administration that came into power on numerous promises that they were going to change everything and they have changed nothing. It's a war crime to transfer prisoners into the hands of those likely to torture them, but American and NATO troops apparently have been routinely doing that.

Then the other article that bothered me was that President Obama had ordered recently one of his drone strikes that killed a Moslem minister in Yemen. So an assassination. And this man was an American citizen. As I understand the American Constitution we are supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in a trial of our peers in a court of law. This man wasn't even claimed to be a member of al Qaeda or some similar organization. They just didn't like his preaching. How about our Bill of Rights that supposedly guaranteed our freedom of speech as an inalienable right?

So now our president is apparently claiming the authority to assassinate anyone, even US citizens, who are anti-American or something. No trial is needed. Isn't the proper legal procedure there to ask the government the person is residing in to extradite the person so he can be put on trial? But what disturbs me is that Mr. Obama had a press conference a few days later and none of the reporters bothered to even ask him a question about this assassination (supposedly illegal even under American law). No outcry from our news media. Not hardly even a mention.

So I don't know what's going on, but it's becoming obvious to me that we are losing our freedoms rapidly. I see a police state rising, with rude policemen in many cases, often looking more like soldiers than Andy Griffith or Barney Fife, equipped with Tasers, which I think should be banned as cruel and unusual punishment. I see two political parties that there's not a dimes worth of difference between as George Wallace used to say. A government that favors the rich and is not looking out for the majority of our people. That just recently signed three more free trade agreements, opposed by our labor unions, likely to outsource even more American jobs overseas to add to the 10,000,000+ already sent overseas.

And I see no hope from the Republicans. The leader of the Republican polls recently was Herman Cain, the former CEO of Godfather's Pizza. Herman got Godfather's Pizza back in profit by closing hundreds of restaurants and laying off thousands of workers. His nickname could easily be "Mr. wall Street." He even was on the board of directors of the Federal Reserve Board of Kansas City, so he's obviously not anti Federal Reserve Board. And of course he's a multi-millionaire even as Obama. His 999 proposal (really 666?) would help the rich and be a disaster for America's poor people. This would result in huge tax cuts for the rich while the poor would see prices of everything, even food, dramatically rise and not likely their incomes with a national sales tax that would need to be 23% or more to take in the money the current system does.

All I can say to the selfish rich currently running the United States is to repent before it's too late. You're on the road to hell. "Go to now, ye rich men. Weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you." James 5:1. See http://www.squidoo.com/tithes-and-offerings

yeah.

i will keep that i mind when the cops have to save me from the rapists or have to use lethal force.

"wait dont shoot. we have to try him." the act of treason and what its punishment is.

that is what i have to tell him. the man had ties to terrorism and you and i dont have acess to what he did say. he was monitored for some time just like maj husan was and he was trouble in the days of bush when he was in grad school.

these types often telegraph their intentions.

Is that you Rosie O'Donnell, Bill Ayers - Michael Moore says dinner@6, bring gloves and your cookbook, of the anarchist kind.

I think the Bible may also have something to say about envy and jealousy.

I'm looking hard for your posts regarding deaths perpetrated on reporters, Christians, any non-muslim, howz about them cartoonists - am I wasting my time, probably --- crickets chirping loudly.

If I thought there was serious ethical, moral, or theological argument in your post I might take you serious, I do see (read) political ideology buried inside the obfuscation masquerading as an appeal to civility --- see wolf dressed as sheep!

If I thought there was serious ethical, moral, or theological argument in your post I might take you serious, I do see (read) political ideology buried inside the obfuscation masquerading as an appeal to civility --- see wolf dressed as sheep!
Well stated! :thumbsup

And I see no hope from the Republicans. The leader of the Republican polls recently was Herman Cain, the former CEO of Godfather's Pizza. Herman got Godfather's Pizza back in profit by closing hundreds of restaurants and laying off thousands of workers. His nickname could easily be "Mr. wall Street."
Oh, so you are an "Occupy Wall Street" edited?

He even was on the board of directors of the Federal Reserve Board of Kansas City, so he's obviously not anti Federal Reserve Board.
Obviously you ARE anti Federal Reserve. I'll bet you can't articulate why.

And of course he's a multi-millionaire even as Obama.
He has accomplished a great deal in his life. Reading his wiki page makes one realize just how far hard work and intelligence can get you!

edited

...would help the rich and be a disaster for America's poor people. This would result in huge tax cuts for the rich while the poor would see prices of everything, even food, dramatically rise and not likely their incomes with a national sales tax that would need to be 23% or more to take in the money the current system does.
Your ignorance of his tax plan is profound.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back