Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Geoncentrism and flat earth

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Copernicus got rid of geocentrism in 1543, so a peer-reviewed article might be hard to come by. Does NASA count? They've flown a few spacecraft around the solar system so you'd hope they'd know which bits went round the others.

As for flat Earth, aisde from the fact that satellites appear to work and all, here's a decent paper on the rotation of the Earth's core, which spins very slightly faster than the rest of the planet. That's a bit dated, but not much of anybody researches these topics.

Is real science even concerned with such nonsense these days? I have no idea where I would find "peer reviewed sources" discussing the ridiculous idea that the earth may be flat. I don't think too many intelligent and educated people in the 21st century are wasting their time on such garbage and I wonder why we, as Christians should waste our time on it.

Many people make much of Bible verses that seem to indicate that the Earth is flat, or that living things do not evolve from other living things, or that the Earth does not move.

All of these require some scripture-bending to make them work, and they are all man's revision of scripture.

Is real science even concerned with such nonsense these days? I have no idea where I would find "peer reviewed sources" discussing the ridiculous idea that the earth may be flat. I don't think too many intelligent and educated people in the 21st century are wasting their time on such garbage and I wonder why we, as Christians should waste our time on it.
Like all things on the interwebs,we have trolls or folks who actually believe these things.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back