Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Getting Down to the Wire....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

The next 10 days will be the most critical days of Steve's and my life.

Tomorrow I need to prepare bulletins for 2 weeks for the church I work for. Then I truly must go to the Relay for Life event, because I am a team captain. I wish I didn't have to, because on top of everything else, I wrenched my back out of place and have been unable to drive, walk much, or do any housework for the past week. (I am feeling better.) My team procurred a wheelchair for me...which day before yesterday I was like "No way, no how am I gonna sit in that thing." But, I needed to buy school clothes and supplies for my daughter yesterday, and even though my sister did all the driving, I came home utterly exhausted and in excruciating pain. Today, we bought clothes for my son...and I used one of those "old, fat people scooters" at Wal-Mart, which now qualifies me as a "People of Wal-Mart" but, the difference in how I feel tonight vs. how I felt last night has convinced me that wheelchairs are pretty good things to have around if one has a really bad back issue.

Saturday will a day of preparation...the kids need to have everything together for the start of school on the 25th, Steve needs to get everything prepared for his stay in the hospital. We'll also get all ready for the folks to care for all the critters. I will be helping out as best as I can in my gimpy state.

Sunday...time for worship as a family, then I think Steve and the kids have something prepared for my 50th birthday.

Monday...well Monday is the day we turn Steve's life and health over to the doctors here on earth and more importantly over to the Great Physician Himself.
I'll stay at the hospital with Steve for the duration. If all is going well Wednesday evening, I will go down to the house in town in order to get the kids off to school Thursday morning...but if I can't or if Steve doesn't desire me to go, my m-i-l will do so.

And, if all goes well, Steve should be able to come home either Friday or Saturday...and we'll see how he does in "real life" for 24-48 hours. If he's good, then he can remain home...if not, we'll have to go back. Also, if he's good and remains good for six weeks, then a brain surgery will most likely not be necessary.

I'm not planning on spending much time that's not work related on the computer this weekend (love you guys, but ...) and when I'm at the hospital I won't be logging in at all.

But, I'll certainly appreciate all thoughts and prayers that will be sent our way and hopefully next Saturday or Sunday I can log back in here and spend time with my many friends here! And...even more hopefully, I'll be able to say that Steve is doing great and is seizure free!

God be with you all, Dora. I know this will be a battle for inner-peace, I pray that He Gives you an extra measure of strength through this procedure with Steve. I do pray that he has amazing success with all of this and will not need anymore surgery. I know you will have very important reasons for not being on CFnet, but I hope you'll check in when you can just go give us updates. You know there will be a lot of people praying for you all and anxious to join in your celebration in the weeks to come. I'll bestow my most cherished gift I can... :coke

Give Viola a big bear hug from "Uncle Mike". :) I don't think it makes me a perv if I ask you to give your daughter a hug.:lol

Some one sent me some good advice this AM so ill share it with ya....

Psa 46:7 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
Psa 46:8 Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
Psa 46:9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
Psa 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
Psa 46:11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

hmm. Lord, we ask that you be with dora and her husband steve.we ask that you guide the surgeons hands. in your name amen

Lord, today, please guide Steve's doctors. Give them a measure of Your Wisdom and Precision of Hand. Please ease Steve's anxiety and give him Your Peace which transcends all understanding. I ask you to make Your Presence known and felt by Dora, Viola and all those who love Steve and will be anxious today. Give to them this Peace of Yours to overcome the worry.

You are the Great Healer, and all Hope is in You. Please give Steve healing and recovery from his condition, and let Your Glory be Shown on this day.

In Jesus Name, I pray it.

Be blessed with His Healing Power and Peace, Dora. We're lifting all of you up today. Love you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back