Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Gnosticism and its influence on New Age

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Here is an example of #2.......The Bible is truth which fake Christians quote plus the myth that anyone who doesn't believe in their plastic Jesus that glows in the dark is false equals deception. Quoting Bible verses will not give one a spiritual relationship with Christ. Yes, I am a born again Christian and I know just becaue one can parrot Bible versus doesn't mean they have been touched by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit shows the whole picture not just narrow verses repeated. Know their meaning.

Islamic extremist just repeat verses from the Koran without knowing their meaning so they will kill which the Koran is against. Christian extremist act in the same way killing the spirit of spiritual aspirants.

Wow,..... I think I needed to wake up with a Phd this morning.

Okay,.... how about this.....

The scripture that tells us that God is able to bring good from that meant for evil, how would one apply it to any verses that have been "added" to the scriptures?

Or even more,... how is it applied to the entire bible?

I think it kind of takes the wind out of many a sail.

In love,
cj

hahaha, yes I also would need to open a book to get some specifics

but what strikes me just by looking at it, is that truth
is part of the equation. At least 50% of uncut truth mixed in.

Like if I take half of the Bible, and ignore the rest, do I get 100%
of the truth? That is often excused with some verses are more important
than the others. Or some are positive, and the others are obviously not about
us, because we're under grace.

I quite frankly see no difference between you and the Pharisees and other Jews who persecuted Christ and the early church. I see no evidence that you have faith, yet you go around piously suggesting that others are unrighteous, because they do and say things that you don't understand. You anger the Holy Spirit with your wreckless behavior! Have faith correctly and bear fruit, before going around and passing judgment on the ways of God you don't understand!

That about sums up the Gnostic picture pretty effectively!

Good post once again P Diddy eer Doug!

PDoug,

When I have the time, I will post again, in detail from the Gnostic texts themselves, the early church Fathers, and Scripture and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Gnosticism has nothing to do with the God and Christ of Holy Scripture.

I have essentially already proved that Gnosticism is anti-Christ, but you erroneously claim that modern Gnostic belief is different from earlier Gnosticism. I will prove that argument wrong as well.

Soma-Sight said:
I quite frankly see no difference between you and the Pharisees and other Jews who persecuted Christ and the early church. I see no evidence that you have faith, yet you go around piously suggesting that others are unrighteous, because they do and say things that you don't understand. You anger the Holy Spirit with your wreckless behavior! Have faith correctly and bear fruit, before going around and passing judgment on the ways of God you don't understand!

That about sums up the Gnostic picture pretty effectively!

Good post once again P Diddy eer Doug!
Yo! :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back