Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God's Medicine Will Not Fail

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
When you take medicine, you hope that the contents of it has the ability or power to get rid of that sickness for which you are taking it. Now, that sickness has ability or power because it is doing something to your body. Now, that medicine has power because it does something on behalf of your body. But, the thing is does the medicine have the ability or power to deal with that sickness. If the ability of the medicine is greater than the ability of the sickness then the ability of that medicine will deal with that sickness. Where am I going with this, the scripture says that the word of God is medicine. Proverbs 4:20-23 says, 20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. 23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

That word health is translated as medicine, remedy, healing, and cure. I love that because it tells me that the word will always win. For you to make the claim that something is a cure for something you are saying it will get rid of the sickness. You have a word from God that his word will always win over the condition. Well, just look at the scriptures like Psalm 107:20 He sent his word and healed them and delivered them from their destructions. Look at the healings of Jesus in Mark 1:40-42 when a leper came to Jesus to be cleansed it says that Jesus touched him and said unto him, "Be thou clean" and as soon as he had spoken, immediately the leprosy departed from him, the word won. In John 5:5-9 there was a man that laid by the Pool of Bethesda waiting for the moving of the water to be healed for whoever stepped in the pool first after the moving of the water was healed of whatever disease he had. God does not struggle to heal any sickness or disease. The man had an infirmity for thirty eight years and he was waiting by the pool to step in, but someone always stepped in first because he had no one to help him into the pool so obviously he had problems moving and yet Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up thy bed, and walk" and immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked. The word won. The word is the undefeated champion.

Jesus said something in John 6:63 the words I speak they are spirit and they are life. Back in Proverbs 4:22 it says his word is life unto those that find it and that word life is translated- to revive, give life, nourish up, recover, repair, and restore-that's what the word does. Now, if you went to the doctor and he gave you a prescription you would follow it to the letter. How much more should we be following God's prescription. Notice, in Isaiah 10:27 it says, that the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing and the anointing is in the word. It is the burden removing, yoke destroying power of God. That's what God's medicine will do for you remove the burden and destroy the yoke. That's what Jesus walked in and how did he put that power to work, by speaking the word of God (John 3:34 John 14:10). There is no defeating the word of God, no condition has that ability they all must submit. In Psalm 66:3 it says, "Say unto God, How terrible(exceeding great, greatest or very great) art thou in thy works! through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies submit themselves unto thee." That sickness, that disease, that condition will submit to the power of God.

It is not God's will that none should perish. And I wouldn't want to end this article without giving someone the opportunity to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It's very easy just pray: Dear God- I know I have sinned and I now turn from them and I invite Jesus to come into my heart (Revelation 3:20). He died for my sins and you have raised him from the dead and I now confess that Jesus is my Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9,10). I thank you for saving me, Amen

Back