Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God's power

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

kragan

One day an atheist was hiking along the Appalachain trail. He was marvaling at the beauty of the mountains and the trees. Suddenly he was startled by a rustling of the bushes and loud growling. A large grizzly bear came charging out of the bushes right at him. The atheist shrank in fear and the bear was upon him and ready to pounce when the atheist called out to God.
"Please Lord, don't let me die!"
All of a sudden time stood still. The large bear was in mid swipe of his great paw. The wind had stop blowing, the birds had stopped singing, all things were frozen in time. Then a ray of light shone down from the heavens on the atheist, and God spoke to him.
" All of these years, you have gone through life denying My existance. You have lived in sin, and you don't even give Me credit in the beauty of what you have seen. But yet NOW in the moment that you think you need Me the most, when your life hangs in balance. Now at this moment of time do you call out to Me. Do you expect Me to answer your prayer?"
The atheist thought for a moment, then answered back.
" Lord, you are right. It would be selfish of me to ask that the bear would be gone and for You to spare my life"
" Then what would you have Me to do?" God asked.
"Lord, how about this....make the "bear" a believer"
The ray of light fadded away, a breezed started to blow. The birds began to sing. The grizzly bear stopped his mighty swing, and sat down in front of the atheist. The bear put his mighty paws together as if to pray,and lowered his head. Then to the astonishment to the atheist the bear started to pray.
"Dear Lord, Thank you for this food that I am about to receive.........

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back