Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Gray hair?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I’m 39. I have some gray hair mostly at the temples. I’m mostly thankful 🥲 to have hair. … long story. So…
My parents asked me if I was dyeing my hair. I dyed my hair constantly as a teenager and I think by age 20 I developed an allergy to the stuff. The last time I used permanent dye my scalp got itchy and the color itself was…questionable. Moving on…

So I assured them my hair is natural and now I’m wondering..,
Do most men have loads of gray hair at 39? A friend…she’s my age…has blonde hair naturally and she says her grays are minimal and mix in with her blonde hair. My mother has to get her gray fixed starting in her mid 30s. I remember my hair cuts being scheduled around her touch ups. My dads hair went gray very gradually starting sometime in his late 30s.

My hair is darker now than it was 5 or so years ago. I take lots of antioxidants. The alternative health people they can help scalp health and growth. No complaints there thank goodness…

But yeah somehow my hair got darker lol 😆

I dunno 🤷‍♀️ just curious. I won’t dye mine. I’ve seen dye jobs on local dudes that range from ok to looks expensive with a couple of disasters in the mix but…
Ugh 😑 I can’t be bothered 😕.

So…when did y’all start going gray? Did you dye it?

I was bald on top at 40,you are doing great!.

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble when you are perfect in every way
I cant wait to look in the mirror,because I get better looking each day,....I think that is from Mac Davis.
Try saying that to yourself everyday,I do.

I began to notice some grays showing up as young as 30.

Funny story. About 15 years ago (I was about 50) after spending a week at our spring M.A.N. Camp in April where I was not able to shave, I had decided to let my beard continue to grow. Late that following August I was fishing with my brother-in-law on Island Lake north of Duluth, MN. I happened to catch a really nice crappie so he took a photo of me holding it. A few months later in February while I was at work, my brother-in-law sent me an email with a copy of that photo captioned, "Fishing Island Lake." I looked at that photo and thought to myself, "Why did he send me a picture of an old guy holding a fish?" I then began to laugh out loud and when my work colleagues asked what was so funny I told them, "I just didn't recognize myself in a photo!" My beard was white as snow and I didn't even realize it when I'd looked at myself in the mirror every morning. I guess there are times when we just have to laugh at ourselves.

Last edited:
I’m pretty ok ✅ with aging so far lol 😆. I had premature aging when I was younger and now I don’t so I think that changes one’s perspective.
It was just odd. My parents seemed really convinced that I was dyeing my hair. Weird conversation…

I’m 39. I have some gray hair mostly at the temples. I’m mostly thankful 🥲 to have hair. … long story. So…
My parents asked me if I was dyeing my hair. I dyed my hair constantly as a teenager and I think by age 20 I developed an allergy to the stuff. The last time I used permanent dye my scalp got itchy and the color itself was…questionable. Moving on…

So I assured them my hair is natural and now I’m wondering..,
Do most men have loads of gray hair at 39? A friend…she’s my age…has blonde hair naturally and she says her grays are minimal and mix in with her blonde hair. My mother has to get her gray fixed starting in her mid 30s. I remember my hair cuts being scheduled around her touch ups. My dads hair went gray very gradually starting sometime in his late 30s.

My hair is darker now than it was 5 or so years ago. I take lots of antioxidants. The alternative health people they can help scalp health and growth. No complaints there thank goodness…

But yeah somehow my hair got darker lol 😆

I dunno 🤷‍♀️ just curious. I won’t dye mine. I’ve seen dye jobs on local dudes that range from ok to looks expensive with a couple of disasters in the mix but…
Ugh 😑 I can’t be bothered 😕.

So…when did y’all start going gray? Did you dye it?
I'm 35 and I've never dyed my hair. Sometimes I think about it because it's kind of long, but I'm just too lazy. I think I would dye it blonde. It's kind of a light brown now.

I'm in my mid 30s now, and i laugh every time I surprise people when they think I'm on my 20s. So far no gray hair and I have my hair. I predict I'm going to turn 40 and age like 15 years over night. XD

I’m aging surprisingly well. Obviously as a Christian I see it as a blessing from God..I was a burnout like whoa back in the day.
The sudden aging thing happens but apparently it’s more like…not so visible aging reaches the surface all of a sudden. That and stress and illnesses can accelerate aging…free radicals inflammation etc.

I’d recommend not dyeing hair. Not even with a professional. My female friends and relatives have horror stories about bad salon visits stylists telling them their deepest secrets and being over billed. Ugh 😑
If you do want to dye your hair I’d recommend going to a beauty supply store and talking to the workers. Oh and allergy test. Really bad reactions can cause hair loss and worse so…be careful please.

I think 🤔 maybe all the vitamins with my diy orthomolecular might be helping soften the aging process somewhat but…? I am rather amazed at how little modern medicine has to offer for aging. I’m thankful for antibiotics vaccines etc but..,
Its mostly disease treatment or symptom control, do kind of disappointing.

I always found it amazing whats called legal and illegal what people are allowed to consume and what they are not. I mean do people acturally take the time to look at all the chemicals in the products they consume?. Or it just tastes good or they only want to look good, so thats the most important.

Who here can get a bottle of shampoo as a basic example and read the ingredients and say they know what they all are that people are anointing there head with?. I would guess no one, unless someone here is a chemistry scientist.

Last edited:
I'm in my mid 30s now, and i laugh every time I surprise people when they think I'm on my 20s. So far no gray hair and I have my hair. I predict I'm going to turn 40 and age like 15 years over night. XD
30:
Frodo_Goodbye_The_Return_of_the_King.jpg

40:
The-Two-Towers_Gandalfs-Death.jpg

Back