Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Happy Fourth Of July

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

I am proud to be from Philadelphia, which is the birth place of our nation.

• post-6-0-27932600-1309225194.jpg

Happy Independence Day!

Independence from birthright aristocracy.
Independence from government enforced religious practices.
Independence from hereditary leadership.
Independence for individual differences.

Life is Good! Celebrate!

praise God during this 4th as was the last four ones no flashbacks nor nightmares of war. ptsd is fully gone.
those rockets can at times sound like the rpgs launched at me.

Where are all the people on this board who are always crying about the greatness of America, and it's politics, Republican & Democrat ? Only a few has acknowledged the 4th of July celebration since yesterday.:nono2:sad:shrug:o:bigfrown:chair:shocked:nono:rant:angry2

congatulations to all you semi-europeans:toofunny

but really it's a good thing to have an independent america. coz otherwise europe would still be attacked, or other sillyness.
as an semi-american european i even thought of 4th of july too.
congrats to all you amaricans.

:thumbsup

i am at present getting things ready for my annual training obligations.

i think service to the country is a most patriotic thing. i am taking my time as i have had three days to do it. other things also had to do around the house.

Jason when do you have to do your 2 weeks out of the summer thing ?
i report tommorow morning. it varies. i have done it one year for 2010 in nov of 2009 as that is something i volunteered for. sometimes schools count. to wit i have a few of them coming up if i reenlist which they need to start the paper work.

i report tommorow morning. it varies. i have done it one year for 2010 in nov of 2009 as that is something i volunteered for. sometimes schools count. to wit i have a few of them coming up if i reenlist which they need to start the paper work.

What is a "two week summer thing"?

What is a "two week summer thing"?
annual training. its can consist of ranges, shooting practice, or also basic job skills or war games or all.also it can consist of ncoes(training for sgts) or basic jobs.

which i have to attend a mp correctional officer course and aslo more training to be a platoon sgt.

annual training. its can consist of ranges, shooting practice, or also basic job skills or war games or all.also it can consist of ncoes(training for sgts) or basic jobs.

which i have to attend a mp correctional officer course and aslo more training to be a platoon sgt.
I always thought war games sounded like fun, but have heard they aren't so much.

I always thought war games sounded like fun, but have heard they aren't so much.
they can be but we have to take these things seriously. well without getting too technical. the guard does alot of lane training that is scenario based to get too get your head from civy to combat mode. ie ied attacks and also basic ambushes.

you really get "trained" in war as that is where its put to use and you learn what works for your squad that is based on the basics ttp(troops, tactics and procedures) with all jobs there is an infantry aspect. you have m-16 the enemy and the squad you are assigned too and also the basics with that.that is the most important stuff, aside from first aid, radio procedures(calling for medevac and arty) and also call for fire or in rare cases close air support)

all the other high speed technical crap is useless as each war has a different type of war to it. nam tactics dont work in afghanistan fully and must be adjusted.

they can be but we have to take these things seriously. well without getting too technical. the guard does alot of lane training that is scenario based to get too get your head from civy to combat mode. ie ied attacks and also basic ambushes.

you really get "trained" in war as that is where its put to use and you learn what works for your squad that is based on the basics ttp(troops, tactics and procedures) with all jobs there is an infantry aspect. you have m-16 the enemy and the squad you are assigned too and also the basics with that.that is the most important stuff, aside from first aid, radio procedures(calling for medevac and arty) and also call for fire or in rare cases close air support)

all the other high speed technical crap is useless as each war has a different type of war to it. nam tactics dont work in afghanistan fully and must be adjusted.
So it's really not like a paintball game on a good course. :lol
Seriously, though, it would be intense and conditions would be poor, especially when it is training you for a real war.

So it's really not like a paintball game on a good course. :lol
Seriously, though, it would be intense and conditions would be poor, especially when it is training you for a real war.
the army these days doesnt train like it used too. trust me days in the crappy weather just plained was well i cant say it on this forum but it made me tougher.

yes the army does what you say. with laser and and some with live rounds. the rangers do that.

Happy July 4th to you too!

Love them fireworks. Glad to be born & be here in America, where freedom rings!

God Bless America. :thumbsup

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back