Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

hate crimes

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Just randomly thinking about this...Dr.Thomas Szasz (yes, I'm reading THAT guy's stuff again) says hate crimes are "thought crimes." Basically, you're being punished extra for having bad thoughts while breaking the law. Sort of like being labeled mentally ill for having bad thoughts and/or aberrant behavior (he wrote The Myth of Mental Illness). The thread on that frat incident got me thinking about this.

What do y'all think?

yup people hate... and people should be free to hate... is hate good NO ... a quick look and we can see where hate speech leads.. in some circles it is considered hate to quote scripture.

yup people hate... and people should be free to hate... is hate good NO ... a quick look and we can see where hate speech leads.. in some circles it is considered hate to quote scripture.
I understand that. I don't see the need for special longer sentences on crimes. why? because that makes so-so group "more equal" then others . when murder is murder no matter the motive.

Last edited:
So, does the reason for why someone does something wrong to someone else, make it anymore wrong?

Hating people and keeping it to yourself and your home is one thing...not a good thing, but shouldn't get you in trouble legally. Harassing others because of it is another issue altogether.

So, does the reason for why someone does something wrong to someone else, make it anymore wrong?

You are not looking at this in the light it was created for.......
No person should be beat, tortured or killed for being of a different Race, Religion, or Sexuasl orientation and so forth. These hideous crimes are done out of Hate or because they can not except them as people.....No person deserves to be treated this way just because they are different from some one else......

A serial killer goes on a rampage because he does not like children who's parents are moderastors in forums.
So he torturesd and rapes and slowly kills these moderators children just because their parents are mods....
Now then, a person gets into a fight because his girlfriend was caught with his buddy....

See the difference..........Hate crime can get you more time...Thank GOD...I mean....Don't you want those who hurt because of their hate to be put away longer or perhaps just treat it as a mistamener and let them out sooner and they are free to hurt for no reason again............

You are not looking at this in the light it was created for.......
No person should be beat, tortured or killed for being of a different Race, Religion, or Sexuasl orientation and so forth. These hideous crimes are done out of Hate or because they can not except them as people.....No person deserves to be treated this way just because they are different from some one else......

A serial killer goes on a rampage because he does not like children who's parents are moderastors in forums.
So he torturesd and rapes and slowly kills these moderators children just because their parents are mods....
Now then, a person gets into a fight because his girlfriend was caught with his buddy....

See the difference..........Hate crime can get you more time...Thank GOD...I mean....Don't you want those who hurt because of their hate to be put away longer or perhaps just treat it as a mistamener and let them out sooner and they are free to hurt for no reason again............
so being a jew, you kill me im worth more time if you hated me? how does one love anyone and kill them? if I kill you and you aren't on that list of special people, then when I say I hated you because of this or that? its not a hate crime?

so being a jew, you kill me im worth more time if you hated me? how does one love anyone and kill them? if I kill you and you aren't on that list of special people, then when I say I hated you because of this or that? its not a hate crime?

You are twisitng things around Jason.
The hate crime was issued because people who were comitting senseless crimes FOR NO REASON other then they did not like a person for who they were. It's called judging the act of the crime. The reason behind the crime. It isnot about a list of certain people. If it can be proved to have happened because of hate or disrespect for the person because of the fact that such said person Killed or defiled or tortured etc the victom BECAUSE the VICTOM was not like them or excepted by them.........then it can be tried as a hate crime....... There is a big difference here.

I can see it both ways. I think its sort of like behavior modification...increase the consequences to reduce unwanted behavior.
that really hasn't worked. since when does a person that is that hateful think logically? have you ever done something when your mad only to look back and say opps , that was most idiotic of me. laws contain but cant stop any crime. I don't see the benefits outweighing the risk. if a black man kills whitey its not a hate crime even if he says he did it because he hates whitey. so how is that law really working?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back