Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hate!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Ed the Ned

Just a simple question that might lead to some meaningful discussion. Is hatred of an organization or institution the same as hatred for a person. ie: Hatred of financial institutions, societies, cults, businesses etc.

I would say no. I can hate all that an organization stands for, but I do not hate those within it. For instance, Planned Parenthood disgusts me, but do I hate the people in it? No. They are sinners, yes. But they are lost and need Christ. Screaming that we hate everyone involved isn't going to do anything. However, I can still hate the organization itself and what it stands for.

Is hatred of an organization or institution the same as hatred for a person. ie: Hatred of financial institutions, societies, cults, businesses etc.

Yes ! ..... except for cults I guess..

Romans 13:1-3
Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.

Is hatred of an organization or institution the same as hatred for a person. ie: Hatred of financial institutions, societies, cults, businesses etc.

Nice thread Ed. (I'm a poet and didn't know it :))

I would say definately not too.

From a personal standpoint....I shine a light on certain organizations and cults but do not hate them anyway. Even if I declare them my enemy. Hate has no place in a Christians life.

As for the people IN those cults.....half the reason I work so hard to shine a light on the cult is FOR those people so that they can see the truth and get out of her. the only feeling for those caught up in the cult is love.

Case in point>>> I DESPERATELY want more of my fellow Jews to get out of the dangerous and christ hating talmudic "Temple Cult" and come to the love of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

They would be an incredible asset to the team.

1.......2......3.......GO JESUS! :thumbsup

Doc.

Ephesians 6:12-18 (KJV)
<SUP>12 </SUP>
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a simple question that might lead to some meaningful discussion. Is hatred of an organization or institution the same as hatred for a person. ie: Hatred of financial institutions, societies, cults, businesses etc.

No, because it is not directed towards an individual, person or people. An organization will reflect policies or principles that can be wrong or oppressive.<O:tongue</O:tongue

Yes ! ..... except for cults I guess..

Romans 13:1-3
Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.

Obeying the law of the land does not mean you have to love the system. The system of man is Satan inspired, but God decides who will sit in the office. Man's Satan inspired system denies and prevents human beings from attaining their full God-given potential. The bottom line is as long as obeying the system does not come into conflict with God's principle we should. Obeying God takes precedence over any government since a Christian is a citizen of the Heaven more than they are a citizen of whatever Country of their natural birth.<O:tongue</O:tongue

No because you're hating the system, ethos - abstractions that do not have souls, not human beings who do ...

Pro 8:13 The fear of the LORD is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate.

Ecc 3:1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:

Ecc 3:8 a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.

Rev 2:6 Yet this you have: you hate the works of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

That scripture in romans is taken out of context. Are we supposed to obey someone over us in authority regardless of how despotic, wicked and evil they are?

No.

Read the rest of the passage -

vs 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. NIV

So all rulers uphold righteousness. Really?

vs 4 For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

So hitler and pol pott were Gods servants?

This passage is obviously talking about righteous rulers, not ungodly ones. Yes obeying them is right and wise. Obeying anyone who happens to have authority over you just because they do, is asinine.

I'm not trying to be picky or attack the post, but this passage quoted like this out of it's original context has caused some christians a lot of suffering. It's a potentially dangerous misunderstanding. Some church groups still believe this.

(Not taking shots at you tina, :yes but I've had this scripture abused at my expense myself, so I tend to notice it.)

No offence, I appreciate the clarification. But the Bible also says ....

1 John 3:15
Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.

1 John 4:20
If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

Whether it's Hitler, Pol Pot or Osama bin Laden .... unless one is sure that he can hate an organisation without hating the individual behind it, they are treading on thin lines.

So hitler and pol pott were Gods servants?

I agree with your post sherri but evil, wicked leaders are still God's servants. They are vessels of wrath to punish people. Satan enters these people by permission of God. So in a way they are Satan's AND God's servants.

But that does NOT mean you need to submit to them and work for them.

No, to serve God you have to know what you're doing. It's a choice. Gods instruments perhaps, but servants? No.

No, to serve God you have to know what you're doing. It's a choice. Gods instruments perhaps, but servants? No.

Good point and well made. I stand corrected. I'll go with instruments.

Doc.

I appreciate the input, and thankyou for the insightful inputs. I do believe that we have an in built nature to hate, in a way just as God hates sin. I believe we need to have that same hate for sin, yet the same love that overcame that sin. The love of Jesus Christ. I am finding that the greed shown in this world by banks, (this is what caused me to raise the question), has caused a hate to flame inside of me. Towards the organization, yet I find it flows over in the conversations I have with the individuals which work in that organization. Which is wrong!
I was financially secure working for an organization that sold goods on credit, yet it came to the point where they were ripping people off, these people were generally poorer than most and were forced to buy on credit. Again greed being the cause. I realized my walk with God would never go further if I carried on working there so I resigned and started my own business, which has not gone as expected. I was fortunate to get a job as an ICT Administrator at a local school and now I teach computers from grade 4 to 12. God has looked after me. I have a hate for the business I worked for and truly believe that Christians that work for such organizations are putting themselves in a difficult situation.
The dilemma still continues as hating something still invokes an unhealthy anger that can lead to ungodly behaviour.

I appreciate the input, and thankyou for the insightful inputs. I do believe that we have an in built nature to hate, in a way just as God hates sin. I believe we need to have that same hate for sin, yet the same love that overcame that sin. The love of Jesus Christ. I am finding that the greed shown in this world by banks, (this is what caused me to raise the question), has caused a hate to flame inside of me. Towards the organization, yet I find it flows over in the conversations I have with the individuals which work in that organization. Which is wrong!
I was financially secure working for an organization that sold goods on credit, yet it came to the point where they were ripping people off, these people were generally poorer than most and were forced to buy on credit. Again greed being the cause. I realized my walk with God would never go further if I carried on working there so I resigned and started my own business, which has not gone as expected. I was fortunate to get a job as an ICT Administrator at a local school and now I teach computers from grade 4 to 12. God has looked after me. I have a hate for the business I worked for and truly believe that Christians that work for such organizations are putting themselves in a difficult situation.
The dilemma still continues as hating something still invokes an unhealthy anger that can lead to ungodly behaviour.

I can imagine that "credit living" has spun wildly out of control in Africa especially. Where I live we get a South African sports channel (Supersport 3) and when the adverts come...literally EVERY single advert is for a bank with happy smiling blacks walking into buildings and gettind loans from happy smiling black bankers. I think God would frown.

That continent has been so oppressed and manipulated.

Cecil Rhodes anyone?

God Bless you Ned for shunning a corrupt and ungodly proffession. It will be credited to your account come judgement.

:pray I hope others will do the same as we move closer to the end.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back