Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hating Jesus’: Liberals

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

‘Hating Jesus’: Liberals Declare Spiritual Warfare

http://cnsnews.com/commentary/j-matt-barber/hating-jesus-liberals-declare-spiritual-warfare
cross_ap_photo-evan_vucci_30.jpg

WoW. I...am...speechless. I don't think progressives hate Christians. I don't think conservatives have a monopoly on morality.

I think the next couple decades are going to be interesting, socially and politically.

It doesn't surprise me that the most significant contempt and hostility to Christianity comes from the left. It is liberals, after all, who look at the government as the primary source for good, and for social change, in society. And, religion is their most significant competition to government in that regard.

A lot of this attitude comes from an emphasis on good works over salvation in the minds of liberals. I know from experience that many liberals don't even want to hear about sin, and repentance, and forgiveness, and salvation. The only thing they want to hear is about love, and caring for neighbors. It's no wonder that liberals frequently decide that they don't need the church at all, because government is taking over that role in their lives. So, even if they stay in the church, the church becomes just another politically liberal non-profit with a cross on the wall.

The left does not want anything they do to be labeled a sin yet they for the most part dont believe in God ... Go figure!
The most evil 'right' of the left IMO is the killing of the unborn the shedding of innocent blood.

The church is too apothetic here in the States. Where is the passion, where is the love for Jesus, where is the urgency to bring others to Christ? We need a new awakening.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back