Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Have you ever felt like giving up?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

Dave Slayer

Have you ever felt like giving up? I have. Thanks to God He isn't giving up on me! :)

Yeah when I was addicted to drugs and alcohol, because I stayed in trouble because of the things that I use to do. And sometimes I got in trouble with the law. And it seemed like it never was going to stop. One time in the early 80's I tried to overdose on speed on purpose, because I did not see a way out, in 81 or 82, but God would not let me die. I was going back and forth, I would have hope, and then I would have no hope. And then I knew that one day, God would pull me up out of this mess, it was many years later, but He did it.

Yeah..right now.. I just feel soooooo drained physically, emotionally, spiritually.. any way you can be drained, I am drained that way..

kimberlyb0112 said:
Yeah..right now.. I just feel soooooo drained physically, emotionally, spiritually.. any way you can be drained, I am drained that way..

I know exactly how you feel right now. I lost someone very close to me, several months ago, and I've had a lot of trouble dealing with that. I'm glad God isn't giving up on me, either. :clap

Hopefully, He's going to stick with me enough to help me out in a couple of weeks. I'm doing my first open-mic stand-up comedy routine. I'll need all of the help I can get (including some divine intervention). :biggrin

Well, don't give up Dave. Hang in there. Take the Word of God seriously. Practice praise. Fellowship with believers...and one that really helps me...listen to Christian music. I listen to the Oslo Gospel Choir. I am sure there are many great Christian groups out there. I just find the Oslo Gospel Choir very worshipful. They are also all excellent vocalists and musicians.
Other than that...if you are playing with sin...that will definitely hamper the work of God.(no accusations made)
Blessings and honor to the King of Kings, the Lord Jesus Christ...who is your concerned Lord and Savior. Acknowledge the Father (Spirit) for He is the Creator of all things good...and if you are indeed a Christian, He loves you, because you also love His Son.

Dave Slayer said:
Have you ever felt like giving up? I have. Thanks to God He isn't giving up on me! :)

You don't say why so I will offer this before the Lord in my prayers - "May Dave cometo know the fullness o your rest Lord!"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back