Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Have You The Answer?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

7angel

What does this verse?

MATTHEW 27
And about three o'clock Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

7angel said:
What does this verse?

MATTHEW 27
And about three o'clock Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

God did indeed keep Jesus from being saved in order that Jesus would be the supreme sacrifice for all. So in his pain, the flesh was weak, but the Spirit inside Jesus surrendered.

Jesus is quoting Psalm 22.

It starts out
My God, my God, why have you abandoned me? Why so far from my call for help, from my cries of anguish? My God, I call by day, but you do not answer; by night, but I have no relief. Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the glory of Israel. In you our ancestors trusted; they trusted and you rescued them. To you they cried out and they escaped; in you they trusted and were not disappointed.

And ends
All who sleep in the earth will bow low before God; All who have gone down into the dust will kneel in homage. And I will live for the LORD; my descendants will serve you. The generation to come will be told of the Lord, that they may proclaim to a people yet unborn the deliverance you have brought.

A hymn of the praise and glory of God the promise of salvation to all past, present and future!

So is the answer:

Two men are foreigners abandoned in New York City
One is well instructed, even ,speak English
The other is not instructed to nothing, neither speaks English.
Who of the two will be free? And who will be a slave?
And, do not they will be their own judges?

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
It is the judgment, a man abandoned depends on its instruction

The word of God, His Spirit, is the best instruction, it is within our grasp and it's free, Jesus made it possible,

But if we do not want .........

7angel said:
So is the answer:

Two men are foreigners abandoned in New York City
One is well instructed, even ,speak English
The other is not instructed to nothing, neither speaks English.
Who of the two will be free? And who will be a slave?
And, do not they will be their own judges?

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
It is the judgment, a man abandoned depends on its instruction

The word of God, His Spirit, is the best instruction, it is within our grasp and it's free, Jesus made it possible,

But if we do not want .........

I actually do not have a clue to what you mean with this.....

Jesus offered up a psalm of praise to God, a song of hope and trust.....a song of adoration and thanksgiving for salvation granted by a loving an d caring God.....it was not a 'crying out' that God had abandoned him ...

The purpose of this passage is to encourage those who witnessed the crucifiction and those who follow Jesus throughout history. God will not abandon those who turn to Him in their [our] time of need...

One man is left like a young eagle, which is also abandoned by their parents, he was taught to be free and then abandoned.

Jesus gave us all, The Gospel, his life and his spirit to be free.
Take or leave, is your willingness to be a disciple of Jesus or reject his teachings

Hi 7angel

Q: Why did Jesus utter those words on the cross?

Mt 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, 3 lema sabachthani?†(which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?â€Â). 4

An interesting Question: why did Jesus utter those prophetic words?
It has taken me some years to come to this conclusion, which is summed up in Paul’s statement in
2 Corinthians 5:21:

2Co 5:21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

The death that Jesus tasted for us was no ordinary death. He suffered the wages of sin, which is the second death (see Rev. 20:6, 14, 21;8).
That is: complete separation from his Father. And those who suffer the second death (wicked) will suffer the same fate, complete separation from God for eternity.

Sin is so abhorrent to God that for the first time in the realms of eternity, while Jesus hung on that cross His Father turned his face away from Him. Jesus felt the agony of being made sin for us as the weight of the world’s sin was crushing out his life. And in that agonizing moment, he experienced that complete separation from His Father.

.Jesus’ mission was to come and to seek and to save that which was lost. The last words that Jesus spoke was: “It is finishedâ€Â. On that cross he accomplished the salvation of mankind, and now the forgiveness of sins is offered to all who accept and believe in Jesus. Amen.

I hope that gives some answers to your question.

God Bless

Gazzamord

Hi gazzamord. Paul tells us in Rom. 6:23 "..the wages of sin is death.."; it is not the second death.

All humanity is dying because we are the offspring of Adam, and through Adam sin and death came.

The second death is conferred upon all those who have been judged at the Great White Throne, and whose names are not in the book of life. God (through Christ) judges righteously and is vindicated, but they deserve to die again--the second death.

Jesus died once for all. It is true that 'he was made sin for us, who knew no sin', but as the sacrificial animals in the OT, were died once, so Christ Jesus only died once.

For those that believe Jesus IS God Himself this passage is a tough one. But, there IS an answer. I'll offer it here:

Christ was/IS the Son of God. From the moment of His Baptism to being nailed to the cross The Spirit of God dwelt within the heart of Christ. BUT, in order to bare the sins of ALL, God, by necessity, HAD to withdraw The Spirit at the MOMENT directly before Christs' death. For God is UNABLE to even LOOK upon sin, so it was with His Son as well as US. God DID INDEED abandon Christ directly before His physical death upon the cross. And at this moment Christ was ALONE with ALL the sins of this world.

I know that this MUST be confusing for those that believe that Jesus Christ IS God Himself. But not NEAR as confusing as trying to explain WHY God would ask HIMSELF why He had forsaken Himself.

Christ stated that He was SENT by the Father. We KNOW that the Father IS God. Christ Prayed to the Father for strength. And we KNOW that The Father IS God. Christ stated that the words that He offered were NOT HIS OWN but GIVEN HIM by The Father. And we KNOW that the Father IS God. Upon His Baptism God spoke out and stated EXACTLY WHO Christ was/IS. To try and make Christ God is to ignore scripture and instead accept this 'man-made' concept of 'trinity'.

There is only ONE God. For God to have a Son does NOT alter this in the least. For JUST as one under a king is able to honor both KING and Son as royalty so too are we able to Honor and worship Both Father AND Son Without the Son BEING The Father.

But, IF there is NO 'trinity', Worshiping the Son AS the Father would be to worship something OTHER THAN God AS God Himself.

Beware folks. Satan has a plan. And his plan is to 'lead astray' ALL that he is able to. And what he wanted more than ANYTHING ELSE since the beginning of his disobedience is TO BE WORSHIPED AS GOD. And he WILL mimic WHATEVER need be imitated in order to obtain his desire. He doesn't care if you call him Satan, The Light, The morning Star, Lucifer, Tom, Dick or Harry. So long as you worship HIM, no matter WHO you may 'think' he is, satisfies his desire. And HOW MUCH SWEETER would his VICTORY BE if he were SOMEHOW able to get mankind to worship HIM as Christ?

Jesus Christ, The Son of God, was abandoned by His Father upon the cross when all the sins of this world were layed upon His Shoulders. It HAD to be this way for God HAD to allow Him to DIE with all these sins. And God will not LOOK upon sin. So the Spirit was withdrawn a moment previous to death so that Christ could bare the sins of this World. It's REALLY that simple.

MEC

When Jesus took on him all the sins of the world, at that moment God turned and looked away he could not look upon sin. During that period Jesus suffered seperation from the father. That is what Jesus was hurting so bad He sweat tears when he prayed in the garden when He Prayed " Father if there be anyway take this cup from me but nontheless not my will but your will be done."

Back