Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

he doesn't *seem* like a Born Again Christian...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
..I keep hearing that. I don't get it. I didn't sign on for the GOP or any other party because (I believe) Jesus called me out of my miserable existence into life, "and that more abundantly." I always need a hair cut. I often need a shave. I'm an ex-sodomite. My masculinity is developing. I'm a psychiatric survivor (I still take a few meds, but I'm not really a "mental patient" anymore, if that makes sense). Sometimes I smoke, although I've largely switched to vaping.

This is kinda frustrating. Its like...the world, and maybe a lot of Christians, expect Christians to be a certain way. Christian thoughts, Christian politics, Christian attitudes. I mean, yes, "hold all thoughts captive to Christ," I get that, but...I think there's room for different interpretations and applications of Christ's message.

I don't believe in the death penalty. I think, ideally, we should legalize all drugs (not my idea--check out Dr.Thomas Szasz for that one). I don't believe that abortion is good, but I do think it should be legal, to prevent a lot of women (probably the poorer ones) from dying in back alleys like back in the day. I'm an ex-gay, so I now first hand that gay ain't the way, but I think gay marriage is inevitable (marriage as institution has become largely void of meaning, so of course gays can get married, too).

I believe in somehow increasing access to healthcare. I'm not big on mental health, inc. (except for people like me, who definitely need tranquilizers, I think a lot of times they just create victims. Trust me on this one). I believe in rehabilitation over imprisonment, the end of the sales tax (it tends to eat at the wallets of those with fewer resources).

And...I'm a Born Again Christian. Not a perfect one, mind you, and apparently, not your typical one, either. But a Follower of Christ nonetheless. That's me.

Are some of you the same way?

is there an emoticon with a hand stretched up waving ! ? YES ! BORN AGAIN , not of the will of man, nor of the flesh, but by the WILL OF YHWH! YES ! YES! YES ! (not like 'christendom' for the last 2000 years) but ALIVE! in Christ Jesus the Savior Messiah Master Rabbi Teacher Healer Redeemer !!!!! (sheer grace! - what is man that thou art mindful of him(me!) !? :)

and whom the world (including 'christendom') cannot comprehend.

shalom to all who are alive in Christ Jesus the Lord and Master and Savior and King and Judge forever and ever. Amein.

Ephesians 2
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

2 You used to be dead because of your sins and acts of disobedience. 2 You walked in the ways of the ‘olam hazeh and obeyed the Ruler of the Powers of the Air, who is still at work among the disobedient. 3 Indeed, we all once lived this way — we followed the passions of our old nature and obeyed the wishes of our old nature and our own thoughts. In our natural condition we were headed for God’s wrath, just like everyone else.

4 But God is so rich in mercy and loves us with such intense love 5 that, even when we were dead because of our acts of disobedience, he brought us to life along with the Messiah

Wow CE you said a mouthful there and here's one tidbit I've looked at a bit a while back.

I believe in rehabilitation over imprisonment

Here in Australia it costs ~ $120,000 / year to house a prisoner and the recidivism rate is ~ %60 so it's obvious we're failing in the rehabilitation area. Maybe it's unfix-able.

Oh every Christian is different CE with individual struggles and deliverance praise Jesus He's on our side.

perhaps. perhaps not.
Joshua 5:

13 When Joshua was near the town of Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with sword in hand. Joshua went up to him and demanded, “Are you friend or foe?”

14 “Neither one,” he replied. “I am the commander of the Lord’s army.”

Joshua 5:13-15
Amplified Bible (AMP)
13 When Joshua was by Jericho, he looked up, and behold, a Man stood near him with His drawn sword in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, Are you for us or for our adversaries?
14 And He said, No [neither], but as Prince of the Lord’s host have I now come.

Christ-empowered you are that very example of being a Spiritually born-again child of God. I've seen your growth and your integrity mature so much in the last few months from who you were to who you are now in Christ. God said we will know them by their fruit and you certainly display this as we all have our weal areas that need work, but God is not done working in us and through us yet. I for one am proud to call you my brother in the Lord.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Wow CE, the Lord just blessed you with a whole lot of love as seen in the posts to you in this thread.
Blessings :hug

Jesus told us how to tell who belongs to Him.

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35 NIV

Christ-empowered you are that very example of being a Spiritually born-again child of God. I've seen your growth and your integrity mature so much in the last few months from who you were to who you are now in Christ. God said we will know them by their fruit and you certainly display this as we all have our weal areas that need work, but God is not done working in us and through us yet. I for one am proud to call you my brother in the Lord.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
I'm quoting For His Glory's post as a sign of agreement as this is almost word for word what I was going to post to you! People can say who "seems" like or not like a Christian based on things like their political ideas, their personal tastes in things like music, form of worship, friends they hang out with, etc. But that's not Biblical and they will have to answer to God for that. Don't let them get to you! What IS Biblical is Galatians 5:22-23 as For His Glory posted. If someone is going to say of a person "He doesn't seem like a born again Christian", they had better be basing it on a consistent lack of one or more of these "fruits of the Spirit".

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back