Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"he hissed at me!"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So my husband's co-workers hate him because he's a Christian. In fact, one of them hissed, yes HISSED at him and started cursing etc when he found out! What should the big guy do? People are always jumping down his throat trying to debate him when all he wants to do is be left alone.

Here's what I would do, in fact it's something I have done: Read them or give them a piece of paper which reads 1 Corinthians 2:6-16.

Never would I engage in debate again, or entertain a defense, but rather accept the verbal lashings of God's enemies as testament to His truth, and pray that the Spirit reveal to them their errors.

The scripture says the kingdom of God is in us. So wherever we travel it goes with us under the direction of the Holy Spirit. Proverbs 3: 1-4 NLT says, My child,[a] never forget the things I have taught you. Store my commands in your heart. 2 If you do this, you will live many years, and your life will be satisfying. 3 Never let loyalty and kindness leave you! Tie them around your neck as a reminder. Write them deep within your heart. 4 Then you will find favor with both God and people, and you will earn a good reputation.

The key is kindness! Kindness = FAVOR! When the kingdom of God is manifesting this is what it will look like.

Last edited:
Here's what I would do, in fact it's something I have done: Read them or give them a piece of paper which reads 1 Corinthians 2:6-16.

Never would I engage in debate again, or entertain a defense, but rather accept the verbal lashings of God's enemies as testament to His truth, and pray that the Spirit reveal to them their errors.
I know that's a great idea for big man because he's just not a debater. He's like "how do you remember all this stuff?!" So handing out a copy of Scripture is right up his alley. Thanks!!

The scripture says the kingdom of God is in us. So wherever we travel it goes with us under the direction of the Holy Spirit. Proverbs 3: 1-4 NLT says, My child,[a] never forget the things I have taught you. Store my commands in your heart. 2 If you do this, you will live many years, and your life will be satisfying. 3 Never let loyalty and kindness leave you! Tie them around your neck as a reminder. Write them deep within your heart. 4 Then you will find favor with both God and people, and you will earn a good reputation.

The key is kindness! Kindness = FAVOR! When the kingdom of God is manifesting this is what it will look like.

I know he's definitely gotta remember that because part of the reason they go after him is to get him upset. It's like a trap!

So my husband's co-workers hate him because he's a Christian. In fact, one of them hissed, yes HISSED at him and started cursing etc when he found out! What should the big guy do? People are always jumping down his throat trying to debate him when all he wants to do is be left alone.
1 Peter 3:15-16;
"But in your hearts honor God as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander".

We can't all know the Bible about everything, but our testimony is very powerful in all situations.

I know that's a great idea for big man because he's just not a debater. He's like "how do you remember all this stuff?!" So handing out a copy of Scripture is right up his alley. Thanks!!

This is all he really has to remember when confronted by those bullies. These two commandments are the core of the Gospel and what makes them so great is, you can't argue against them.

Mark 12
29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

I've silenced many a heckler with that passage. I mean who can argue against treating people the way you want to be treated. And if they want to argue about the other commandments, rules and whatnot, just tell them that these two commandments trump every other commandment in the book....because they do. If they want proof, show'em this passage from Romans.

Romans 13
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Acknowledge God and treat people the way you want to be treated. It doesn't get any simpler than that and one would be hard pressed to find an argument against it.

I never argue with hecklers or make any indication that they're ruffling my feathers. (even if they are) Never let them know that what they're doing bothers you. Bullies crave attention. If they don't get the required attention, they usually go away.

One of the best kept secrets that Christians almost always miss is that most (not "many", but MOST) unbelievers are really hoping down deep inside that what we have is real and true, and that we will make it. If we can, then maybe they can too.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back