Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Head like flint

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

YosefHayim

And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. Mark 9:24
I once posted a prayer request concerning evangelism. But I still need prayers for that fire which can't be contained that I may preach the gospel with wisdom, grace and success. One thing that hinders me is social pressure. I'm socially awkward, and never know how to break ice. These things in the scriptures I want, and the more strengths the scriptures promise not posted. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing rather than absorbing.

For since I spake, I cried out, I cried violence and spoil; because the word of the Lord was made a reproach unto me, and a derision, daily. Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay. For I heard the defaming of many, fear on every side. Report, say they, and we will report it. All my familiars watched for my halting, saying, Peradventure he will be enticed, and we shall prevail against him, and we shall take our revenge on him. Jeremiah 20:8-10

And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out. Luke 19:40

As an adamant harder than flint have I made thy forehead: fear them not, neither be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house. Ezekiel 3:9

And his mouth was opened immediately, and his tongue loosed, and he spake, and praised God. Luke 1:64

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 1 Peter 3:15

A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

I can do all things through the Messiah which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. Luke 21:15​

Sometimes you just have to start. I was asked to speak at a small memorial yesterday morning, and as I first began, I was short of breath and nervous. I began with the Lord's Prayer, gave God glory, and went into my word, which was completely off the top of my head. God gave me the boldness and the fire not before, but during. That in and of itself told me that I needed faith that His Spirit would guide me, I just needed to take a few steps first out onto the waters.

Don't always rely on your heart to bear witness and tell you when and where and how. Jeremiah 17:9 says that the heart is deceitful above all things. Sometimes we have to reach out and claim the fire ahead of us, not wait for our heart to validate that it's there. And brother I hope this is preaching to you. Be a watchman not ashamed. Pray also that you shake the fear of man.

Excellent advice, Blake .

Whatever hesitations we may hold, all it takes is complete faith that our Lord won't let us fall as we take step after step towards achieving what His Will has for us to do.

I would suggest that you pick up a copy of Billy Sunday's biography if you can find one. He was a great preacher with similar problems as you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back