Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Healing Part 1

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Sparkey

Retired
1Ch 4:10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

Do you want to be healed (Part 1)

"Do you want to be healed?"

The sick man answered, "I have no one to put me in the pool when the water is disturbed; and while I'm trying to get there, someone goes in ahead of me."

Yeshua said to him, "Get up, pick up your mat and walk!"

Immediately the man was healed, and he picked up his mat and walked.

Now that day was Shabbat, so the Judeans said to the man who had been healed, "It's Shabbat! It's against Torah for you to carry your mat!"

But he answered them, "The man who healed me -- he's the one who told me, `Pick up your mat and walk.'"

They asked him, "Who is the man who told you to pick it up and walk?" But the man who had been healed didn't know who it was, because Yeshua had slipped away into the crowd.

Afterwards Yeshua found him in the Temple court and said to him, "See, you are well! Now stop sinning, or something worse may happen to you!" The man went off and told the Judeans it was Yeshua who had healed him; and on account of this, the Judeans began harassing Yeshua because he did these things on Shabbat.

But he answered them, "My Father has been working until now, and I too am working."

This answer made the Judeans all the more intent on killing him -- not only was he breaking Shabbat; but also, by saying that God was his own Father, he was claiming equality with God. Therefore, Yeshua said this to them: "Yes, indeed! I tell you that the Son cannot do anything on his own, but only what he sees the Father doing; whatever the Father does, the Son does too."

Re: Healing Part 2

1Ch 4:10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

Do you want to be healed (Part 2)

We know that everyone who has God as his Father does not go on sinning; on the contrary, the Son born of God protects him, and the Evil One does not touch him. We know that we are from God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the Evil One. And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us discernment, so that we may know who is genuine; moreover, we are united with the One who is genuine, united with his Son Yeshua, the Messiah. He is the genuine God and eternal life. Children, guard yourselves against false gods!

This is the confidence we have in his presence: if we ask anything that accords with his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - then we know that we have what we have asked from him. If anyone sees his brother committing a sin that does not lead to death, he will ask; and God will give him life for those whose sinning does not lead to death. There is sin that does lead to death; I am not saying he should pray about that. All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that does not lead to death.

Those who keep trusting in the Son of God have this witness in them. Those who do not keep trusting God have made him out to be a liar, because they have not trusted in the witness which God has given about his Son. And this is the witness: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Those who have the Son have the life; those who do not have the Son of God do not have the life. I have written you these things so that you may know that you have eternal life - you who keep trusting in the person and power of the Son of God.

Everyone who believes that Yeshua is the Messiah has God as his father, and everyone who loves a father loves his offspring too. Here is how we know that we love God's children: when we love God, we also do what he commands. For loving God means obeying his commands. Moreover, his commands are not burdensome, because everything which has God as its Father overcomes the world. And this is what victoriously overcomes the world: our trust.

Re: Healing Part 3

Do you want to be healed (Part 3)

Back to topic. As the body of Christ, what does each part share in common? We know some are eyes (Prophets), some are feet (Evangelists). We have been instructed in the Word and know the Offices and the Gifts. But what does each part share?

Let us look to the analogy seen in creation. Each part of our body depends on Blood to deliver nutrients and to remove toxins. Blood cells fight infections. They are created deep in the bones, in the very marrow.

What is the first thing that the bones seen in the Valley of the Bones do? If they have life - they have blood, if they are of the truth, they produce blood.

What can we do? We can pray. We can accept John's admonition (who spoke to us as little children) and pray for each other - especially if we see our brother fall short (sin). We can pray and God will give life.

The thing that we have in common is the blood that is shed for us and delivers newness of life. Could it be that easy?

Jesus is our bread, the Spirit is God-breathed 'pneuma' (wind) and is oxygenated air to us, our prayers for each other is the blood flowing. Will the bones seen in the Valley of Bones walk?

Re: Healing Part 4

Do you want to be healed (Part 4)

With the hand of ADONAI upon me, ADONAI carried me out by his Spirit and set me down in the middle of the valley, and it was full of bones. He had me pass by all around them - there were so many bones lying in the valley, and they were so dry! He asked me, "Human being, can these bones live?" I answered, "Adonai ELOHIM! Only you know that!" Then he said to me, "Prophesy over these bones! Say to them, 'Dry bones! Hear what ADONAI has to say! To these bones Adonai ELOHIM says, "I will make breath enter you, and you will live. I will attach ligaments to you, make flesh grow on you, cover you with skin and put breath in you. You will live, and you will know that I am ADONAI."'"

So I prophesied as ordered; and while I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound; it was the bones coming together, each bone in its proper place. As I watched, ligaments grew on them, flesh appeared and skin covered them; but there was no breath in them. Next he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath! Prophesy, human being! Say to the breath that Adonai ELOHIM says, 'Come from the four winds, breath; and breathe on these slain, so that they can live.'" So I prophesied as ordered, and the breath came into them, and they were alive! They stood up on their feet, a huge army!

Then he said to me, "Human being! These bones are the whole house of Isra'el; and they are saying, 'Our bones have dried up, our hope is gone, and we are completely cut off.' Therefore prophesy; say to them that Adonai ELOHIM says, 'My people! I will open your graves and make you get up out of your graves, and I will bring you into the land of Isra'el. Then you will know that I am ADONAI - when I have opened your graves and made you get up out of your graves, my people! I will put my Spirit in you; and you will be alive. Then I will place you in your own land; and you will know that I, ADONAI, have spoken, and that I have done it,' says ADONAI."

There is now no distinction between Jew and Gentile. Those who walk, will walk, come now - let us prophesy to the bones and to the breath and put away divisive thinking, know you not that God is ONE?

Small steps are good (if need be) - pray that God forgives when we see our brother sinning - He will give life. Celebrate the day of beginnings.

Back