Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Healing Water? Truth or Scam?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
H

HBK

i was watching t.v late one night after devotions and i saw this t.v show from Rev Leroy Jenkins proclaming that he has healing water? the little tinny few drops are sent to people who call in for free BUT the big bottles cost money. i was thinking about calling the toll free number and order some for free, but when i researched about this guy on the internet, so much negativity has popped up on him.

should i trust it and just order it for free (concerned about the water being something else and harmful)

as i watched the show, so many people testified proclaiming that it works and it cured them of cancer, diseases, etc.

what are your thoughts on this? is it truly a miracle or just a scam to get money? have any of you ever tried this?

God bless

SOURCE: http://www.leroyjenkins.com
GOOGLE: Rev Leroy Jenkins

It's a scam. Save your money, or if you feel that you should give it, give it to a responsible organization that will do some good with it, such as your local church, the Salvation Army, or Heifer Project International.

The Bible tells us how to be healed:

Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praises. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him. Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. James 5:13-16

Oh, and here is an account of how Peter reacted when someone offered him money to receive the free gift of the Spirit:

Now when Simon saw that the Spirit ws bestowed through the laying on of the apostles' hands, he offered them money, saying "Give this authority to me as well, so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit."
But Peter said to him, "May your silver perish with you, because you thought you could obtain the gift of God with money!" Acts 8:18-20

It's a scam and the worst of it's kind; taking advantage of God's Word and His people. :sad

But Peter said to him, "May your silver perish with you, because you thought you could obtain the gift of God with money!" Acts 8:18-20
Aah, the rejection of Indulgences way before Luther. 8-)

Back