Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Heavenly preparedness

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Well one thing is for sure it won't be like Connecticut.

But on a more serious note.

Most people agree that our desire and ability to sin will be stripped from us when we get to Heaven.
So what this means is that whatever of ourselves (like fruits of the Spirit and Spiritual gifts) is all that will be left of us as far as individuality goes. Now considering that whining and sarcasm are my Spiritual gifts...dunno what exactly I am going to do in Heaven...but it doesn't foretell really like a positive role up there now does it?

Then...for the math whizes amongst us...
Seeing Jesus and God "face to face" like the Bible explains means that we will be able to see the "timeless" version of them. Meaning that in order to do so we must be able to see them on a fourth dimensional level. Meaning that we too must be timeless in order to fully view them. Where there is no language to properly explain this: but imagine moving through time like moving across the room...Seeing far into the distant past as well as the future...and then going there for a better look. Two appointments scheduled at the same time?...not a problem in Heaven.

Also no need for beds or couches...no need for rest at all. So...that dreaded 6 to 8 hours that we waste every day sleeping will be a thing of the past as well...no need for it.

God gave us life so that we would live. He then granted us salvation so we could have a more full/abundant life. Heaven is where we get to experience that in every way imaginable and a bunch that we can't imagine.

Now considering that whining and sarcasm are my Spiritual gifts...dunno what exactly I am going to do in Heaven...but it doesn't foretell really like a positive role up there now does it?

Interesting that you bring this up, as I have also had similar thoughts & feelings...

The way I see it, I don't possess any heavenly skills nor can comprehend what possible position I may be suited for in the Kingdom.

Isaiah 55:8-9
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.../
(:woot2 :sohappy)

I take comfort in this for my inadequacies and lack of comprehension of where I fit in, in heaven...oh wretched man that I am.
Unworthy, carnal, stupid, yet wonderfully created spiritual being, that don't even know how to live as one! I would certainly die without God... What to do?:couch

:study waitaminute... That's how He rolls ie, who He wants! Scripture tells us, we won't understand, He has a plan and is doing something, and that, if we'll just have faith & trust in Him, follow Him...that we'll learn patience, endurance, compassion, and charity, etc...those qualities of character that we will need at our station of life in heaven.
In fact, the character of each person is uniquely suited for what his or her station will be, i bet. So that's OK that I don't get it right now.

I'm sure that, in that twinkling of an eye where we'll be changed, that we'll receive a lot, but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't press forward now either, into whatever He places before me. No matter how insignificant or unworthy I might feel.
Or so it seems to me. :wink

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back