Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hell or Hell Fire

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

Hel or hell fire?

Whever the word hell or hellfire is mentioned what that flashes through my mind is 'eternity': no leaving the place. Some call it hell while others think it's 'hell fire'. Some others interprete either of them as: living outside God.

Whichever it is, this has to do with forever separated from God.

So the question is, does hell/hell fire exist? If you are really talking about a place of burning fire where people are roasted every second...then you may be correct. This is the image the scripture paints.

However I keep thinking about the Qualities of our 'loving' GOD. Will HE really cast sinners into such a place and let them burn forever?

Right now all the unbelieving souls are in Hades.That is the waiting room for hell.All those waiting in Hades right now will be called before Christ at the end of the millennium with the book of life before Christ and they will be judged in the Great White Throne judgment.I do believe that there is degrees of punishment in hell just as there is degrees of reward in heaven.I do not think that the sweet little unbelieving grandma will get the same punishment in hell that Hitler will get.
The references to hell in the Bible are:
Matthew 25:41
Matthew 3:12
Daniel 12:2
Luke 16:23
2 Thessalonians 1:9
Revelation 14:10-11
And these are just a few.The Bible has alot of references to the fact that hell if very real.Satan wants people to believe that hell is not real.Just one of his lies.

Well, what ever is before the resurrection of the dead, I don't really know. I have always thought that hell was only a temporary restraining place for all un-believers. Their permanent abode is the lake of fire.

Right now all the unbelieving souls are in Hades.That is the waiting room for hell.All those waiting in Hades right now will be called before Christ at the end of the millennium with the book of life before Christ and they will be judged in the Great White Throne judgment.I do believe that there is degrees of punishment in hell just as there is degrees of reward in heaven.I do not think that the sweet little unbelieving grandma will get the same punishment in hell that Hitler will get.
The references to hell in the Bible are:
Matthew 25:41
Matthew 3:12
Daniel 12:2
Luke 16:23
2 Thessalonians 1:9
Revelation 14:10-11
And these are just a few.The Bible has alot of references to the fact that hell if very real.Satan wants people to believe that hell is not real.Just one of his lies.

I don't need to go any further than Matthew 25. It says what it says.

Well, what ever is before the resurrection of the dead, I don't really know. I have always thought that hell was only a temporary restraining place for all un-believers. Their permanent abode is the lake of fire.
That's what the scripture reads to me: Lake Of Fire. Dreadful, very dreadful

That's what the scripture reads to me: Lake Of Fire. Dreadful, very dreadful

Back