Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Help an Admissions Office out...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I've been working in the admissions office of my college now for over two years. What are somethings that you would expect from a Christian college when they are recruiting you or your children, family, etc.?

#1 - most important for me would be Bible based teachings/teaching sound Biblical doctrine. Strict Bible foundation!

#2 - Christian fellowship atmosphere

#3 - housing arrangements

#4 - campus

#5 - tuition/financial aid

As long as it's a Holy Spirit filled and led atmosphere, everything else seems like it's what you would ask to a secular college recruiter.

Hope that helps!

These are good things about what to look for in the college itself. But If you were looking to see a difference in a recruiter from say liberty college as opposed to harvard what would you expect to be different?

Well, I imagine Harvard's recruiter would be very academics based. I would imagine Liberty would deal with how Christ influences every aspect of it's college life. I think I would really want to hear from the Liberty recruiter about that anyways. Like, "Liberty is a Christian University with a desire to be a safe environment for it's students. Wild parties, sex, drugs, and alcohol won't be found here."

Does that help? LOL. Your question is kind of cryptic, or we're just not on the same page. But as a Christian who was recently looking into Christian colleges, I'm hoping I can help!!

Oh, wait, I reread your response, I get you know. I would want to see a recruiter who manifests the love and nature of Christ in his/her life. Someone who was kind and friendly without being too strict or legalistic. Someone who's outward appearance would give no indication that they were a Christian, but who's character made it extremely obvious. Personally, I would look at the recruiter and imagine that many of the students on campus were like that person.

Does that help?

I would also want to see that the recruiter put Christ into the center off every college aspect, from academia to housing to fellowship etc. Does that make sense?

Also, someone who was strong in their Biblical foundation, and who could relay this in their speech.

I called one Christian college advisor who couldn't really explain the college's beliefs except that they come from the Bible :confused:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back