Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Historically Speaking, What's up with with Indians?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Pard

OK, so when Chris sailed across the Atlantic Ocean and "discovered" the Americas he also found a new bunch of people and he called the Indians. I s'posse the PC term these days is Native American. (excuse me if it offends you, but I never learned to call them native american 'till a few years ago)

Anyways, how do they fit into the creation story? How did they get here?

Did they also make a boat when the flood came? Maybe they ended up on a mountain in Colorado or something? If this is the way they got here (I highly doubt it, but its an interesting theory, I suppose) they would have had to land on a mountain of equal height to mt. Sinai OR waited for the flood levels to die down.

Also, what about the critters? How would animals have gotten to America after the floods? In the winter it is theoretically possible to cross over the north pole, but I really doubt Bambi and friends took on that hike!

I have searched on google for this answer with no luck.

I did find some interesting things about their suspected origins, however. For instance when Christopher first saw them he concluded that they were the lost tribes of Israel. In fact, he wrote that they ought to use the Indian's wealth and population to start another crusade and finally crush Islam and take back Jerusalem. (Alan Taylor, American Colonies: The Settlement of North America, 33)

Apparently even some presidents held this belief and when Luis and Clark began their expedition they were ordered by the president to bring back any evidence that the Indians were Jewish.

Are you serious, he said that? lol! From what I understand, they (and the Alaska natives and Canadian natives) came over on a land bridge from Asia after the Flood, before the continents were separated.

it's lewis and clark not luis and clark.

the indians are a aisatic race and the navajo have a common ancestral tounge with the japenese.

jasoncran said:
the indians are a aisatic race and the navajo have a common ancestral tounge with the japenese.
Exactly they came here over the ice From Asia to Alaska. Eskimo's settle down in Alaska/Canada, while Indians continue into modern day America, and Mexican and mians, and South American continued to migrate. That came from Asia

Thank you Jason, for the correction. While we are at it, it's Mayans.

Anyways, the idea that Indians are a completely separate race is scientifically false. They have the skeletal structure of a mongoloid. As Jason said, their language bears some resemblance of eastern Asian languages and many artifacts are similar to Asian ones.

Another theory on the Indians, that I have heard, is that some actually cam from Europe. There was an ice bridge from Scandinavia to Canada for some time, or so they think. In Penn. they have found tools which have absolutely no like-ness to tools used by any Asian group. Instead these tools are very similar to European tools of the time. This would also explain the difference in skin complexion between various regions.

Still, what time would this Asian ice bridge have been around? Because the textbook says 12,000 years ago, which is twice the age of the earth.

jasoncran said:
lets keep this from a old earth vs young earth heavy debate.

Yes but, that is my problem. I am very well aware of how the Indians got here from an old earth view. I wanna know what the young earth view is.

Anyways, how do they fit into the creation story? How did they get here?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back