Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

HOLY SPIRIT convicts of what?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The righteousness of faith is clear and evident in scripture, it cannot be challenged, nor under any condition can it be nullified save one? Those who return to the bondage of law to the strength of sin and resist the Spirit of Grace.

Consider that God told the children of Israel, " I have giving you a land that flows with milk and honey, you will live in houses you did not build, you will drink from wells you did not dig" The spies went into the land and brought back the fruit as evidence and a testimony that the land was indeed as God had said. But the wicked spies, 10 of them brought back a mixed report? They through their own unbelief "mixed" the truth with their own fears.
But Caleb "who had a different spirit" and Joshua considered not the strength of Gods enemies, but only what God had promised. The doubters and murmurers said "we are food for them" Caleb said "they are food for us"
The doubters said let us make a leader for ourselves to lead us back to egypt, into bondage.
Here we have the modern church, ordained by the doubters to lead them back into bondage.

The righteousness of God in Christ is the promised land, In Him all the promises of God are yes and amen. With Him God will FREELY GIVE us all things.

I speak the truth of the gospel, for which many have taken up stones to cast. I say let me be counted with Caleb and Joshua, I say that by His grace, I will stand. That the giants that seek to destroy the righteous will only become food for our strength.

When Caleb entered into the promised land, he was given the mountain where the greastest giants dwelled, so he could feed some more upon the enemies of God. His strength for war was not hindered because he wholly followed the Lord and kept His promises.

We are righteous in Christ by promise, this righteousness never fails but is eternal. The Spirit of God is sent to bear record of Christ and His Glory in the believer. The doctrine of the "accusing spirit" is not biblical and cannot be shown in any way to be true in scripture. It was formed by those who are fearful and unbelieveing, those who walk in such "mixed" doctrines cannot abide in the land where righteousness dwells.

Last edited by a moderator:
The righteousness of faith is clear and evident in scripture, it cannot be challenged, nor under any condition can it be nullified save one? Those who return to the bondage of law to the strength of sin and resist the Spirit of Grace.

Consider that God told the children of Israel, " I have giving you a land that flows with milk and honey, you will live in houses you did not build, you will drink from wells you did not dig" The spies went into the land and brought back the fruit as evidence and a testimony that the land was indeed as God had said. But the wicked spies, 10 of them brought back a mixed report? They through their own unbelief "mixed" the truth with their own fears.
But Caleb "who had a different spirit" and Joshua considered not the strength of Gods enemies, but only what God had promised. The doubters and murmurers said "we are food for them" Caleb said "they are food for us"
The doubters said let us make a leader for ourselves to lead us back to egypt, into bondage.
Here we have the modern church, ordained by the doubters to lead them back into bondage.

The righteousness of God in Christ is the promised land, In Him all the promises of God are yes and amen. With Him God will FREELY GIVE us all things.

I speak the truth of the gospel, for which many have taken up stones to cast. I say let me be counted with Caleb and Joshua, I say that by His grace, I will stand. That the giants that seek to destroy the righteous will only become food for our strength.

When Caleb entered into the promised land, he was given the mountain where the greastest giants dwelled, so he could feed some more upon the enemies of God. His strength for war was not hindered because he wholly followed the Lord and kept His promises.

We are righteous in Christ by promise, this righteousness never fails but is eternal. The Spirit of God is sent to bear record of Christ and His Glory in the believer. The doctrine of the "accusing spirit" is not biblical and cannot be shown in any way to be true in scripture. It was formed by those who are fearful and unbelieveing, those who walk in such "mixed" doctrines cannot abide in the land where righteousness dwells.

Poor ole Paul LOL.
I Corinthians 13:12
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Chapter 12 of I Corinthians is the information about the spirituals. You would think that everything was clear as a bell and nothing would be dimly seen, but here we have a little insight that we are headed to a better place with new tools, but there is work to be done in love.

I may not see clearly myself. I do think I have a foggy view of what we face.
The spies went into the land and brought back the fruit as evidence and a testimony that the land was indeed as God had said.
I hope my foggy, dim view is of the spiritual gifts and armor we put on and use.

I speak the truth of the gospel, for which many have taken up stones to cast. I say let me be counted with Caleb and Joshua, I say that by His grace, I will stand.
Your job then is to get the rag tag bunch into the promised land. Moses knew all the problems God's people had and Joshua had his work cut out for him.
II Peter 2:1
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

The land you are to lead the people into is a little different than the one Joshua faced but the promised land is a type and shadow of what is faced today.

Got to have a lot of love to git er done. If I am the worst of the enemy then apply all that is needed to restore me. The idea is to get everyone possible to their parcel of land. Compassion, encouragement, rebuke whatever, but get them into the land. Get the attitudes and actions accomplished.

Tell us how to face the Giants. Demonstrate how you show love to the people of God.

The doctrine of the "accusing spirit" is not biblical and cannot be shown in any way to be true in scripture.

Then bless God and do not tell how tall this giant is and how much he weighs LOL.

Satan is the accuser of the brothern and he is defeated. We are well able to possess the land.

eddif

Poor ole Paul LOL.
I Corinthians 13:12
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Chapter 12 of I Corinthians is the information about the spirituals. You would think that everything was clear as a bell and nothing would be dimly seen, but here we have a little insight that we are headed to a better place with new tools, but there is work to be done in love.

I may not see clearly myself. I do think I have a foggy view of what we face.
The spies went into the land and brought back the fruit as evidence and a testimony that the land was indeed as God had said.
I hope my foggy, dim view is of the spiritual gifts and armor we put on and use.

I speak the truth of the gospel, for which many have taken up stones to cast. I say let me be counted with Caleb and Joshua, I say that by His grace, I will stand.
Your job then is to get the rag tag bunch into the promised land. Moses knew all the problems God's people had and Joshua had his work cut out for him.
II Peter 2:1
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

The land you are to lead the people into is a little different than the one Joshua faced but the promised land is a type and shadow of what is faced today.

Got to have a lot of love to git er done. If I am the worst of the enemy then apply all that is needed to restore me. The idea is to get everyone possible to their parcel of land. Compassion, encouragement, rebuke whatever, but get them into the land. Get the attitudes and actions accomplished.

Tell us how to face the Giants. Demonstrate how you show love to the people of God.

The doctrine of the "accusing spirit" is not biblical and cannot be shown in any way to be true in scripture.

Then bless God and do not tell how tall this giant is and how much he weighs LOL.

Satan is the accuser of the brothern and he is defeated. We are well able to possess the land.

eddif
Well i can not tell if you are taking a position against todays post or for it? Many like to agree long enough to disagree, but the scriptures prevent any defense of the doctrine of the "accusing spirit" so I guess , this tactic is a good as it gets? lol
First the old doubters of the tribe of Israel had to circle the same moutain until that generation had passed away. Then God brought the NEW GENERATION, "NEW CREATION" into the promised land. Those who look to the flesh of man will never understand the true gospel. The "sinner" cannot enter in but the righteous "IN CHRIST" are granted all the promises of God

yes I do count those who talk about how big the giants are and reject the strength of grace over the flesh, to be in conflict with the gospel, In love I tell them , they cannot enter into Gods rest, and His best, because of their unbelief.
Heb 4

Well i can not tell if you are taking a position against todays post or for it? Many like to agree long enough to disagree, but the scriptures prevent any defense of the doctrine of the "accusing spirit" so I guess , this tactic is a good as it gets? lol
First the old doubters of the tribe of Israel had to circle the same moutain until that generation had passed away. Then God brought the NEW GENERATION, "NEW CREATION" into the promised land. Those who look to the flesh of man will never understand the true gospel. The "sinner" cannot enter in but the righteous "IN CHRIST" are granted all the promises of God

yes I do count those who talk about how big the giants are and reject the strength of grace over the flesh, to be in conflict with the gospel, In love I tell them , they cannot enter into Gods rest, and His best, because of their unbelief.
Heb 4
I am not trying to trick you. I do probably have different thoughts about some things, but if we are both gentile dogs saved by grace then we do have common ground. There is no telling how many of us practice the spirituals. About the time we think there are a few, God informs us there are 5,000 (?) that are ready to go.

Ok...... I guess I agree.... When you are ready to enter the promised land all the bad complainers are dead (those 20 years old and upward are stone cold dead). You have a new generation of people ready to cross Jordan and enter the promised land. Can I install a but here? I know all the trouble that is going to happen when they start into the promised land. It is sad but it is part of the history of Israel. Right off you do see human nature start to raise its head. Some want to stay on the other side of Jordan. Same thing today. There are all the promises for us that are not what some want (we are not totally changed (flesh) till the resurrection though---Probably one of the points we bump heads on). Through the shed blood of Jesus we can crucify our flesh daily (I stress the daily while you tend to see it as a one time action--More head bumping, but both threads of thought are in the bible IMHO). I tend to not panic when I see two or three different ways to approach doing things (I do not tend to get lukewarm hopefully but defend both / all the alternatives). Jesus can save a wide bunch of folks: Jews, Gentiles (and did break down the wall between them). I have posted this before about male, female, bond, free, weak, strong, etc.

I see the judgement throne burning up some folks works but allowing them to get into heaven. I am not for only for a group of poor, suffering servants, just barely surviving through life attitude, but Jesus apparantly has a much broader view of folks than I do (praise His name forever). Jesus died for weak and strong. I will expect heaven to have folks of all sorts (they all will have a garment, but some will come from the highways and hedges, and some will come from glorious Jewish people...Or gentiles if that is the way you think).

I declare walls broken down by Jesus: not to be raised up between all of us again.

eddif

I am not trying to trick you. I do probably have different thoughts about some things, but if we are both gentile dogs saved by grace then we do have common ground. There is no telling how many of us practice the spirituals. About the time we think there are a few, God informs us there are 5,000 (?) that are ready to go.

Ok...... I guess I agree.... When you are ready to enter the promised land all the bad complainers are dead (those 20 years old and upward are stone cold dead). You have a new generation of people ready to cross Jordan and enter the promised land. Can I install a but here? I know all the trouble that is going to happen when they start into the promised land. It is sad but it is part of the history of Israel. Right off you do see human nature start to raise its head. Some want to stay on the other side of Jordan. Same thing today. There are all the promises for us that are not what some want (we are not totally changed (flesh) till the resurrection though---Probably one of the points we bump heads on). Through the shed blood of Jesus we can crucify our flesh daily (I stress the daily while you tend to see it as a one time action--More head bumping, but both threads of thought are in the bible IMHO). I tend to not panic when I see two or three different ways to approach doing things (I do not tend to get lukewarm hopefully but defend both / all the alternatives). Jesus can save a wide bunch of folks: Jews, Gentiles (and did break down the wall between them). I have posted this before about male, female, bond, free, weak, strong, etc.

I see the judgement throne burning up some folks works but allowing them to get into heaven. I am not for only for a group of poor, suffering servants, just barely surviving through life attitude, but Jesus apparantly has a much broader view of folks than I do (praise His name forever). Jesus died for weak and strong. I will expect heaven to have folks of all sorts (they all will have a garment, but some will come from the highways and hedges, and some will come from glorious Jewish people...Or gentiles if that is the way you think).

I declare walls broken down by Jesus: not to be raised up between all of us again.

eddif

Eddif, let me put this point very clear, I am in no way casting doubt upon the salvation of those who are born-again. My point is that they have no true understanding of how "saved" they are, because of such false teaching as the "accusing spirit" and other such doctrines. We are called to live on this earth as "overcomers" the promises and the gifts of the Spirit will not be needed when we have been taken from the battle of this world. I do not see this as a "spiritual gift" issue, I see it as a witness of the Holy Spirit to the righteousness of faith issue. You make some odd point that I deny the need to be crucified daily? I have written much on this issue on many threads, to be righteous and walk in righteousness requires one to deny self and remembrance of the Cross daily. So that point makes no sense to me or relates in any way to what I have declared. Look at my threads "The power of the Cross" and "how to walk in the Spirit", I make the crucified flesh the center of all my doctrine, so I find your statements a bit insulting.
I also remind you that few find the narrow way to life "the Cross" that does not mean that few are saved but that few are willing to be as caleb and joshua and believe the promises, even when giants stand in the way. (few are really willing to make this a life and death issue, trusting Gods Word)

I do not preach a gospel that is for the lukewarm, but for those who are ready for the Cross and The abundant life that is given to those who dare to believe.

Blessings brother , i hope you understand what I am trying to say?

First, The Spirit shall convince men of this righteousness. Having by convictions of sin shown them their need of a righteousness, lest
i appreciate your post Deborah you just said the same thing i been saying only in a different manner. its like i jumped the fence but you crossed it... no difference :)

Who is the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of our Holy God. He indwells us. Here are some of the things I believe the Holy Spirit does in our lives that are a clear testimony of our Lord. This is a few of the things that the Holy Spirit convinces us of when He convicts of righteousness. He says, Look at Jesus, Look at your God.

Psalm 23

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Lord, the Psalmist’s Shepherd.

A Psalm of David.

23 The Lord is my shepherd, (care is in His hands)
I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures; (He gives rest)
He leads me beside quiet waters. (He gives peace)
3He restores my soul; (He forgives )
He guides me in the paths of righteousness (He guides into righteousness)
For His name’s sake.

4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me; (He protects from evil)
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. ( can trust in Your rod of authority and the safety of Your staff)
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows. (You protect, bless, and prosper)
6 Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (secure in Him)

Wow, I might as well have bolded the whole thing, every last word.

Good post Deb. I thought to mention the conscience again as it relates to this issue. Paul spoke much about the need for us to always keep a clear conscience before the Lord. He wrote that a weak believer could eat meat offered to idols and because of their lack of knowledge they could defile their own conscience.This is what many are calling the conviction of the Holy Spirit. They have little knowleged of the liberty we have in Christ, little knowledge of the Blood and righteousness by faith in His Blood, and see themselves as trying to "earn" salvation by the flesh. Of course those who do not understand the Gospel and the truth of who we are "IN CHRIST" will see all the weaknesses of the flesh and have a guilty conscience. Guilty people look to find the guilt in others, this is why the Lord said "get the beam out of your own eye" in other words die to the flesh, and then you can see to help others. One of two things always happen with these groups that look to be justified by the flesh, they walk around defeated in their shame or they become great hypocrites, covering their own flesh in religious robes and judging the flesh of others. The Lord said He judged no man according to the flesh. This is the judgment we are not have against others. But he who is spiritual does not judge others by the flesh, but according to the spirit.

The heart of the book of Hebrews, tells us that one who has been sanctified by THE ONE OFFEREING FOR SINS FOREVER. will not longer have a "sin conscience". 1 John makes this same point, IN HIM WE HAVE NO SIN AND CANNOT SIN.

How can one, being justified by faith in Christ, be called a sinner? It cannot be!

Now the flesh is yet a sinner, but I am not known to God , by the flesh but by the spirit.
Outside of Christ we are all yet sinners, but IN HIM we have no sin. I SAY THE TRUE GOSPEL IS "WALK IN HIM"

As we grow in the Lord, our inner man will gain the victory over the flesh. We will learn to judge or own flesh by the spiritual man. This is called the fruit of self-control, a better word would be inward-dominion. Our conscience should not ever be defiled but it should always have the Image Of Christ in view.
"Gaurd your heart above all things, for out of it flows the issues of life"

I tell you that one who walks, beholding the Glory of Christ, will walk in a level of holiness that religion cannot understand.

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, love!
That love is based upon the RECEIVING of love first through our unbroken fellowship with our Father. we love others as we receive His love for us.
Satan brings "accusation" and attempts to seperate us from the Fathers love. The doctrine of the "accusing spirit" brings many into a place of guilt that seperates them from the love of God.

Good post Deb. I thought to mention the conscience again as it relates to this issue. Paul spoke much about the need for us to always keep a clear conscience before the Lord. He wrote that a weak believer could eat meat offered to idols and because of their lack of knowledge they could defile their own conscience.This is what many are calling the conviction of the Holy Spirit. They have little knowleged of the liberty we have in Christ, little knowledge of the Blood and righteousness by faith in His Blood, and see themselves as trying to "earn" salvation by the flesh. Of course those who do not understand the Gospel and the truth of who we are "IN CHRIST" will see all the weaknesses of the flesh and have a guilty conscience. Guilty people look to find the guilt in others, this is why the Lord said "get the beam out of your own eye" in other words die to the flesh, and then you can see to help others. One of two things always happen with these groups that look to be justified by the flesh, they walk around defeated in their shame or they become great hypocrites, covering their own flesh in religious robes and judging the flesh of others. The Lord said He judged no man according to the flesh. This is the judgment we are not have against others. But he who is spiritual does not judge others by the flesh, but according to the spirit.

The heart of the book of Hebrews, tells us that one who has been sanctified by THE ONE OFFEREING FOR SINS FOREVER. will not longer have a "sin conscience". 1 John makes this same point, IN HIM WE HAVE NO SIN AND CANNOT SIN.

How can one, being justified by faith in Christ, be called a sinner? It cannot be!

Now the flesh is yet a sinner, but I am not known to God , by the flesh but by the spirit.
Outside of Christ we are all yet sinners, but IN HIM we have no sin. I SAY THE TRUE GOSPEL IS "WALK IN HIM"

As we grow in the Lord, our inner man will gain the victory over the flesh. We will learn to judge or own flesh by the spiritual man. This is called the fruit of self-control, a better word would be inward-dominion. Our conscience should not ever be defiled but it should always have the Image Of Christ in view.
"Gaurd your heart above all things, for out of it flows the issues of life"

I tell you that one who walks, beholding the Glory of Christ, will walk in a level of holiness that religion cannot understand.

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, love!
That love is based upon the RECEIVING of love first through our unbroken fellowship with our Father. we love others as we receive His love for us.
Satan brings "accusation" and attempts to seperate us from the Fathers love. The doctrine of the "accusing spirit" brings many into a place of guilt that seperates them from the love of God.

The Kingdom of God is righteousness peace and joy IN THE HOLY SPIRIT.
Peace from God and with God, joy of our salvation in Christ and the witness of righteousness, His righteousness imputed to us by faith in His Blood.

This is the Kingdom of God, not a spirit of bondage that brings us into fear. But the Spirit that cries Abba Father.

How far are many from the peace of God, because of such doctrines as the "accusing spirit"?

You make very good and honest points my friend! "To convince" or to show might be the best definition?

Joh 3:19

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Joh 3:20

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Eph 5:13

But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Now again we have all been taught that the Holy Spirit job is to SHOW us our sin? Or to make us aware of our sinfulness?

I believe the Holy Spirit is not convicting us of "sin" but showing us "true righteousness" convincing us of our right standing with God!

I myself have had many stripes from My Father, and after words I have always seen His Wisdom.
Again the Key to overcoming our sinful desires, is to walk in the "Spirit" this is clear in scripture.

So to be double minded about the Work of The Holy Spirit, we would be hard pressed to walk with Him?

Let me ask you this, when you feel you are in fellowship with God, And aware of His Love for you, do you not find it "natural" to love others and resist sin? On the other hand when you feel seperated from Him and His love, do you not find it very hard to love others?

Why is the strength of sin, the law? because a defiled and guilty man cannot walk with God in His Spirit!

satan is the accuser of the brethren!:chin

The Lord said "MY YOKE IS EASY AND MY BURDEN IS LIGHT" Religion has turned righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, into sin, shame and sorrow of heart.
The Gospel "GOOD NEWS" been perverted by mans traditions. ABUNDANT LIFE has been replaced by heavy yokes of fear and shame.
But God will raise up those who will rejoice in such a great salvation! The end is near and the capstone will be laid upon the building with shouts of GRACE! GRACE!

Joh 16:8

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Joh 16:9

Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

the Holy Spirit is convicting 3 different groups 1. the "world" of sin, 2. You "believers" of righteousness 3. satan of "judgement"

Now find me one scripture in All the NEW Testament where the Holy Spirit brings the "believers" sin to remembrance? NO! what you will find is everytime the Holy Spirit and His work is mentioned that it says "there sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more! Check it out!

The Kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread [split]52610[/split]

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back