Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hope everyone had a good Fathers Day!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Riverwolf

Both my children came over for a barbque with all my grandchildren.
My ex-wife who is now my roommate (wierd, ok, I know) her kids and siblings showed up cause it was also her birthday.
Then that also just seems to include the "others", people who are hungry and have some reason or other to show up and eat all the potential leftovers?
All in all it was a good alcohol free day in the rare Oregon sun.
I sit some off to the side and stare and think.
I am a lucky man after all.
I hope the same to all who read this.

I'm glad you had a good day Riverwolf. We took my husband's 82 year old dad for a ride behind the Nickle Plate Road Berkshire #765 A big Steam engine for Fathers day. My husband also a dad and his dad had a good time as did I.

I'm glad you had a good day Riverwolf. We took my husband's 82 year old dad for a ride behind the Nickle Plate Road Berkshire #765 A big Steam engine for Fathers day. My husband also a dad and his dad had a good time as did I.

I am glad for you.
My Dad would have been almost 91!
I miss him alot.
I have researched praying for the dead.
Mostly seems unchristian and pointless.
I do it daily anyway.

Mine was so-so.

Only heard from one of my children to wish me a Happy Father's Day. That was only because we were texting each other back and forth and I mentioned his mother's boyfriend's name. I didn't hear from any of my other children.

My wife injured her back in my mom's pool the Friday before, so she couldn't get out to get me anything, which is completely fine with me, but she felt bad. She also feels bad that my ex-girlfriend doesn't remind the kids to call me on Father's day or even my birthday. They don't even know when my birthday is.

So, my day was so-so.

Back