Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Many CFnet Members to Change a Light Bulb

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Mike

I found this somewhere else, but I think they meant to post it here! :lol
Which of these members are you? :)

How many christianforums.net members does it take to screw in a light bulb?

============

One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

Five to flame the spell checkers.

Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... Another six to condemn them as wrong.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum. Then to complain that no such forum exists here.

Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.

Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.

Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "I agree"

Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

Thirteen to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

Eight to say they could care less about light bulbs and ridicule those that do

Three to tell a funny story about their dog and a light bulb.

AND ...

One group lurker to respond to the OP 6 months from now with something unrelated and start the thread all over again.

You forgot that there would be one to demand that all lightbulbs be of the CFL variety, 7 to complain that that would be too pinko/green for a Christian board, 2 to bring up the need for being good stewards of God's creation and one to complain that CFL's give her a headache (that would be me). :biggrin

============

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... Another six to condemn them as wrong.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum. Then to complain that no such forum exists here.

Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.

Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.

Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "I agree"

Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

Thirteen to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

AND ...

One group lurker to respond to the OP 6 months from now with something unrelated and start the thread all over again.

And then...where do I fall? :confused
I go with the light balls :biggrin

Classik, if you fall with light balls, you won't get hurt!

One of these three would have to be Jason....only with Jason the story would probably be about a fish and a ball bearing and three guys who play poker. :lol

============

AND ...

I agree.

One is needed to find no light bulbs in the bible and therefore assume the light bulb could be from the devil, as it is not scriptural.

A thread is now needed to see if Christians should use light bulbs because there is none written about in the bible.

One is needed to claim Jesus is the light of the world and we dont need another one. 2 threads of heated debate about this are needed to proceed to the next step.

One is needed to remind everyone about the lamp shade looking like a bowl and insist it be mounted on the floor instead.

As in Mathew 15:5

Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.

One is needed to remind that an energy efficient light bulb be used because it says in Genesis we are given the earth to look after it and polluting less would be what god wants from his people.

One is needed now to begin a thread about energy efficient lighting. 2 or 3 participants are then required to detract the original post into global warming and American politics and how correct light bulb manufacturing practices would have stopped the global recession.

An atheist is required to rationalize the light bulbs existence before anyone should attempt the change of it.

A thread is also needed to discuss how light bulbs are a sign of end times tribulation and some obscure verse in revelation is specifically naming light bulbs as the sign of the beginning of the end times.

Someone has to check the light bulbs religious beliefs and affiliation to see if talking about the light globe fits in with the CF TOS and also that it is a PG rated light bulb so no children who read the forum could get offended.

Lastly all forum members are to raise there hands high to the lord. Many hands make light work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Classik, if you fall with light balls, you won't get hurt!

One of these three would have to be Jason....only with Jason the story would probably be about a fish and a ball bearing and three guys who play poker. :lol
??? NO, mine would be like the how many times i have change flipping headlights on my truck or how many led lights i have changed on the city garbage trucks simply because of being striken by objects or the strobe lights that i hate as well.

Keep in mind, this was something I copied, so "I" didn't forget anything. :)

That said, if it's applied to CFnet specifically, there would be a few more members needed.

3 members to rant that the original light bulb was a King James Version light bulb and shouldn't be replaced... ever!

30 members to discuss if this new light bulb was predestined to replace the new one or not and then start 20 threads discussing the same question with different wording. :lol

This is fun making them up as you go along.

A thread is needed to discuss which of the spiritual gifts light bulb changing belongs to so the right member of the body of Christ would be used.

An ultra conservative is also needed to question if the raising of the hand is warranted in the house of the lord.

I almost forgot- 3 Pentecostals are needed to hold back the powers of darkness while the changing takes place.

This is the best thread I've found here all evening! :thumbsup

And it isn't even one of MY threads.

Pizzaguy
I better start another thread about my car....

This is the best thread I've found here all evening! :thumbsup

And it isn't even one of MY threads.

Pizzaguy
I better start another thread about my car....
I have had a lot of fun with this. Thanks Mike for starting it.

Add in 5 conspiracy theorists to argue that the first light never really needed replacing. NASA has bugged the new one, so watch what you say and don't say you weren't warned! :tongue

Chris, you're killing me with the Pentecostals! :lol

This is fun making them up as you go along.

A thread is needed to discuss which of the spiritual gifts light bulb changing belongs to so the right member of the body of Christ would be used.

An ultra conservative is also needed to question if the raising of the hand is warranted in the house of the lord.

I almost forgot- 3 Pentecostals are needed to hold back the powers of darkness while the changing takes place.
lol.

wait a minute one pagan to use his harmonic energy field generated by his third eye to heal the light bulb.

lol.

wait a minute one pagan to use his harmonic energy field generated by his third eye to heal the light bulb.
How to use the forum Pagans...

The Pagans have seen how convoluted changing a light globe the Christians have made it. They gave up waiting and asked the Atheists to do it because they had to go and dance naked at the full moon celebration and didn't have time to do it themselves.

The atheists wouldn't do it because even though the light was all around them they ignored it anyway and thought the light was not there.

The pagans handed the job over to the forum Jehovas witnesses.

How to use the forum Pagans...

The Pagans have seen how convoluted changing a light globe the Christians have made it. They gave up waiting and asked the Atheists to do it.

The atheists wouldn't do it because even though the light was all around them they ignored it anyway and thought the light was not there.

The pagans handed the job over to the forum Jehovas witnesses.

The JWs then went on a mission to other forums to convict nonJWs that they should come here to change the light bulb for us.

the jws decided not to do it because the light bulb wasnt made by a jw and also that the jw shouldnt perform work that sinners do.

instead the the mormons did it and they did on the condition no cofee is to be consumed on the day that the bulb is changed.

Awsome it is done!

Now we need one visiting sensitive new age person to send healing energy to those on the forum mourning the death of the light bulb.

Lastly we need areaalt old Anglican minister for the light bulbs eulogy.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back