Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Open?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Couples today always talk about how they wish their special someone was more open with them. What is being open and how open does a Couple really need to be?

I think "openness" has two parts: first, honesty, and second, to trust the other person with everything and anything. These two things cause a renewal in the relationship/friendship, to let both people know that the feelings and convictions previously felt are still true. Giving the other person some of your time and attention implies you still care about him/her even if you can't give the other person all of your time, which would be unreasonable anyway. Of course, this doesn't mean you have to make calls routinely daily, but just a simple thing to let the other person know your feelings and convictions haven't changed.

Ideally, a couple should be open with everything and able to speak of anything and everything. This does not mean that each person needs to be constantly talking to each other, but because openness is good for building trust, it will help you become more comfortable with the other person. Especially important topics should be open to the other person, so as not to let them be deceived.

This topic has somewhat expired, but I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents anyway.

I think that if there is something you feel you need to hide from your spouse/bf/gf, then there is a problem with trust. You should be able to trust them with anything you're going through and they should be able to trust you. I don't think that you should have to tell them every single thing that goes on in your day, some privacy can be a good thing, but the doors of communication should ALWAYS be open.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back