Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How to Become a Christian

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

HSong

https://jesus-saves-all.com/
2024 Supporter
On 2023-06-01 10:47, Bee wrote:
> I want to repent for my sins how do I become a Christian like you and turn
> to the lord jesus christ.
>
> from bee

[Here is my reply as of 2023-06-01 4:40 PM]

Hello bee my friend. :) Thank you for emailing me. :biggrin I greatly appreciate you reaching out and wanting to become a Christian like myself. <3. I am incredibly grateful to have been given this opportunity by the Lord. Therefore, I will thoroughly answer your question on how to become a Christian. Here is my answer that I have specifically typed out for you, Bee, right now, because I care for you, my friend.

Let me start by looking at what you mentioned first. So, when you say “I want to repent for my sins”, I see it relating to this Bible verse:

Matthew 3:2 “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (ESV).

To repent Μετανοεῖτε (Metanoeite) means to recognize that you have sin. The fact that you want to repent for your sins means that you indeed recognize that you have sin. That is evidence that you are already in the state of repentance μετανοίας (metanoias), which means, the acknowledgement of a sinner’s state. It’s when a person, such as yourself. realizes they are a sinner.

Truly, I say, all humans, the descendants of Adam, are all sinners. Sin וְחָטָ֖אתִי wə-ḥā-ṭā-ṯî OT ἁμαρτίας (hamartias) NT is defined as disobedience from God, Yahweh, the One True God. We have all broken the Law of the Lord. All humans are born with Original Sin, inherited from Adam. (Romans 5:12). Even the smallest sin is disobedience. This is the truth; I am a sinner because I have committed many sins. As the Bible says:

Ecclesiastes 7:20 “Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.” (ESV).

The cost of sin is death. (Romans 6:23). That’s why people die. Yet, God wants everyone to happily forever, He does not want us to be dead! Therefore, God became flesh as Jesus Christ. (John 1:1, John 1:14, John 10:30). Jesus Christ was born of a virgin to avoid Original Sin. (Isaiah 7:14). Jesus Christ had the appearance of a man. (1 Timothy 2:5). Jesus Christ lived a perfect life, free from all sin, completely sinless. (2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 4:15). Jesus Christ was crucified, killed and resurrected 3 days later, showing that the cost of sin was fully paid off. (Matthew 27:35, Matthew 16:21, Hebrews 9:14).

1 Corinthians 15:22: “For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive." (ESV).

For you, Bee, to become a Christian, you must believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone. Turn to the Lord Jesus Christ with faith only, not of good works. Our good works do not save us. Because we are not good, we are evil, we all have sin. Without God, all of our works are like filthy rags. (Isaiah 64:6). You cannot spell GOOD without GOD! It is impossible for we, as mere humans, to save ourselves from sin. But God can, and God will.

Ephesians 2:8-9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.” (NIV).

We did nothing to earn this gift of grace. (Romans 4:5). God gave it to us out of His great love and mercy to us. (Romans 11:6). Our salvation is freely given to us, as the blood of Christ is sprinkled on the mercy seat of Heaven (Hebrews 4:16). The blood of Jesus washes away all our sins by faith alone in Him (1 Peter 1:19). We are not saved by obeying the commandments, because every human broke them (Romans 3:28). Trying to be a good person by helping the poor does not save us, because we are still dirty (Galatians 2:16). It’s about cleaning the sin, this dirt, we are born with.

When a person believes in Christ, Bee, they permanently gain the Holy Spirit, who is God (2 Corinthians 3:17). This Spirit of Righteousness is what gives us permanent life. Because sin = death and life = God = no sin. He alone permanently makes us clean! Jesus is the only way to Heaven. (John 14:6). What makes me a Christian, bee, is the Holy Ghost that dwells inside of me. It is the Lord’s seal of approval! I was once lost, an atheist, and then I was found! (Luke 15:24). So, once we are saved, we cannot lose our salvation, we are always saved! (John 10:28). Only then do our works truly become good, because the Holy Spirit, God, dwelling inside, make them good. (Romans 11:29)!

Ephesians 1:13 “In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit” (ESV).

Who will gain the Holy Spirit of Permanent Life? Everybody! Because eventually, everyone will choose to believe in Jesus Christ to have their wrongdoings blotted out (Romans 11:32). Therefore, everyone will go to Heaven. A perfect paradise where there is no more suffering and no more pain, where all death is gone! (Revelation 21:4). It’s like how you, Bee my friend, have chosen to email me asking to become a Christian. I am honored and humbled you have messaged me, so I hope this response has answered your question, Bee. :) No matter how long it takes, all people will realize their sin and recognize their need for a saviour from sin. All people, everywhere, will believe in Christ with faith alone to be saved (2 Corinthians 5:19). Amen. <3

Romans 5:18 “Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.” (NIV).

The LORD God blesses you with this truth my friend (Psalm 145:18). I hope you have a wonderful day today!

--
- Harold Samson(g) www.jesus-saves-all.com
Psalm 118:14 The LORD is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back