Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How to involve kids in Going Green

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A

andy1078

This is great way to plant a tree and reduce carbon footprint. it is called magic bean (alt+w) and magic trees, the seeds come in a can filled with soil and you grow the tree (or flower) you want in the can, then when it gets big and hearty enough you can transplant it to outside or a planting pot for indoors. My 3 yr old son and I love them! and it is a great way for me to get him involved in going green, and we can garden together. click on one of the words above or private message me for the web address. i am new to this forum and i don't know if i can put a web site in a thread?? I found out about it from my son's preschool, they bought a bunch of them for the class and all the kids got to grow their own tree, I thought it was a great idea.

Though I am now in my elder years of life, I remember taking my pre-school children in to the garden and let them plant something...then watch it grow...flower, and fruit...all was EXCITING to them, not only that, it became more fun for me as well!

Gardening is a fantastic skill to have in a lot of ways. It can relieve stress, provide enjoyment both in the gardening itself as well as time spent reading up on what kind of things to plant in your region and during which times of year, learning responsibility (plants tend to die if you don't take care of them), and if you're planting stuff that you enjoy eating, then you truly get to enjoy the fruits of your labor! If I didn't live on a tiny postage-stamp sized piece of barren desert in Phoenix I'd start a garden. My parents live in the south and grow all kinds of stuff, it makes me a little jealous!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back